SVM Releases Results of Employee Incentive Market Trends Survey
Results identify how HR professionals are driving positive behaviors
CHICAGO, July 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — SVM, LP, a global leader in providing incentive and motivation solutions, has released the results from its survey of human resource professionals that explored the attitudes, needs and trends among employee incentive programs. Through the study, SVM was able to identify the current practices, future needs and areas of opportunity about how HR professionals are driving positive behaviors. The Employee Incentive Market Trends survey was distributed via email prior to and during the 2013 Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) Annual Conference and Exposition.
“As part of our new marketing campaign, Solutions that Motivate, we wanted to explore how HR professionals are driving positive behaviors in the workplace,” explains Jim Speir, vice president of sales for SVM. “Conducting this survey gave us valuable insight about current practices and areas of opportunity for HR professionals and employee incentive programs.“
Results of the survey include:
- 84 percent of companies offer gift cards as part of their employee incentive program.
- Gasoline and retail gift cards are viewed by decision-makers as the most popular incentives among recipients and the most convenient to implement.
- 81 percent of respondents find physical cards more rewarding than electronic cards.
- Measurement and perceived value among recipients are the top challenges in employee incentive programs.
- Compared to value and everyday incentives, trophy incentives are not an effective employee incentive.
- The most important criteria for decision-makers is that incentive programs make employees feel valued, recognize achievement and increase morale.
Since 1997, SVM has been helping its customers provide the right rewards that incentivize and motivate in an efficient and reliable way. Headquartered in suburban Chicago, SVM also has offices in the United Kingdom, serving all of Europe. SVM’s products include gift cards, network prepaid cards, promotional and reward cards, eGift and award codes, gift card management services and gift card fulfillment services. By supplying in-demand brands that people want and need, and innovative products using the latest in technological advances, SVM drives positive behaviors. For more information on SVM, call (877) 300-4SVM or visit www.SolutionsThatMotivate.com.
SOURCE SVM, LP