Child Star Joey King makes Anti-Bullying Video
Child Star Joey King makes plea to STOP BULLYING with heart-wrenching Youtube video.
GLENDALE, Calif., Nov. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Joey King (Dark Knight Rises, The Conjuring, White House Down) makes plea to STOP BULLYING in heart-wrenching Youtube Video.
Agency + Production Company: http://www.spotonmediatv.com
Directed by: Shervin Youssefian
Written by: Sophie Jordan
Creative Director: Danny Simonzad
Executive Producer: David Dginguerian
From the producers of “Crossroad” comes “The Eulogy of Ivy O’Connor,” a video created to raise awareness for STOMPOutBullying.org, the dangers of bullying and to encourage by-standers to stand up for its victims.
BULLYING & SUICIDE STATISTICS:
* According to the CDC, suicide is in the top three leading causes of death among young people, resulting in about 4,400 deaths per year. For every suicide among young people, there are at least 100 suicide attempts. Over 14 percent of high school students have considered suicide, and almost 7 percent have attempted it.
* Bully victims are between 2 to 9 times more likely to consider suicide than non-victims, according to studies by Yale University.
* According to statistics reported by ABC News, nearly 30% of students are either bullies or victims of bullying, and 160,000 kids stay home from school every day because of fear of bullying.
WARNINGS OF SUICIDE:
* Talking about or showing an interest in death or dying. Engaging in dangerous or harmful activities, including reckless behavior, substance abuse, or self injury
* Making comments that things would be better without them
* Giving away favorite possessions and saying goodbye to people
* Showing signs of depression, like ongoing sadness, withdrawal from others, losing interest in favorite activities, or trouble sleeping or eating
If someone you know displays these symptoms, talk to them about your concerns and get them help right away.
For more tips and resources, visit http://www.STOMPOutbullying.org.
PREVIOUSLY FROM SPOT ON MEDIA
SOURCE Spot On Media, Inc.