September 24, 2008
By Contra Costa Times
1. Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour -- Radical Reels -- View high-adrenaline outdoor sports films when the 2008 Radical Reels Tour comes to Concord to raise funds for the Contra Costa County Search & Rescue team. The ticket price includes a buffet dinner, drinks and a silent auction. 7 p.m. Friday, Brenden Concord 14, 1985 Willow Pass Road, Concord, $35, www.radreels.com.
2. 13th annual How Berkeley Can You Be? -- Enjoy a zany parade followed by an all-day festival, with live entertainment, dancing, food, arts and crafts, kids activities, nonprofit booths and more. 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, Martin Luther King Park, Berkeley, free, www.howberkeleycanyoube.com.
3. 36th annual San Francisco Blues Festival -- Hear an all-star lineup of blues musicians including Hot Tuna, Buckwheat Zydeco, Elvin Bishop, Johnny Winter, Denise LaSalle and more. Friday through Sunday, the Great Meadow at Fort Mason, S.F, $35-$80, 415-421-8497, www.sfblues.com.
4. KBLX Soul Music Festival -- Starring Earth, Wind & Fire with special guests Michael McDonald, Angie Stone and more. 3 p.m. Sunday, Sleep Train Pavilion, 2000 Kirker Pass Road, Concord, $33.75- $89.75, www.ticketmaster.com.
5. Jokers of Ace: Comedy for a Cause -- Comic Don Friesen (pictured) headlines this benefit for the Benicia Public Library Adult Literacy Program. 8 p.m. Saturday, Hayley Horn Auditorium, Benicia High School, 1101 Military West, Benicia, $10-$20, 707-771- 0140, www.RedDragonflyProductions.com.
-- Alyssa Phillips
(c) 2008 Oakland Tribune. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.