Prince’s ex-wife witnesses Mumbai mayhem
The ex-wife of U.S. rocker Prince told CNN she witnessed this week’s massacre in Mumbai firsthand.
Officials said more than 100 people were killed and more than 300 injured in a series of coordinated terrorist attacks in the Indian city.
Manuela Testolini — the Canadian-born founder of the In A Perfect World children’s foundation who was in Mumbai on business — said she and her party were at the Oberoi hotel restaurant Wednesday when the sound of shots being fired broke out in the street.
Testolini said everyone in her group started running after one of her colleagues witnessed a man being gunned down outside the eatery.
We left everything behind, including purses and phones, Testolini told CNN.
There was a lot of panic.
She went on to say she hid with about 200 others in the hotel’s darkened ballroom for
several hours until hotel staff eventually began evacuating people in small groups to the street where, after a short break, gun shots once again rang out.
They were pursuing us, and we ran, and we could hear them shooting at us, recalled Testolini, who is now in an undisclosed location.
We are far enough away to feel safe but close enough to feel what’s going on. We’ll lay low till at least the daylight.
Testolini had been staying at the posh Taj Mahal Hotel where terrorists reportedly held hostages on several floors.