Epicurious.com Introduces iPhone Recipe Application in Apple App Store
“Recipes & Shopping List” App for iPhone and iPod Touch Simplifies Cooking and Grocery Shopping
“We’re delighted to bring our much-lauded recipe collection to the iPhone and iPod Touch,” said
“Epicurious’ Recipes & Shopping List: On the Go and In the Kitchen” features:
- Proven recipes: Over 25,000 professionally tested recipes to ensure a delicious meal. Sources include two of the most respected brands in the business, Gourmet and Bon Appetit, plus web-exclusive recipes from renowned chefs and cookbook authors.
- Browse functionality: Browse popular recipe collections, from Weeknight Dinners to Cool Cocktails. Select a recipe collection from the Home screen, then swipe to flip from recipe to recipe.
- A robust search engine: Swipe through cool icons on the search screen to filter by what’s in your fridge, what’s healthy, what’s in season, and more. Find inspiration browsing by type of dish, main ingredient, cuisine, dietary consideration, dish type, and season or occasion. Or, search recipes by keyword.
- Saving and sending functionality: Save recipes to your Favorites by tapping the plus sign on any recipe image. E-mail any recipe to yourself or to a friend.
- Shopping List: Shop on the go by saving recipes to your Shopping List (just tap the plus sign on any recipe image). At the store, check off items as you shop.
- Cookbook mode: Turn your iPhone into a cookbook! Tap “view recipe” and turn the iPhone on its side to see the recipe in step-by-step view for easy-to-follow instructions in the kitchen
- Stunning graphics: Gorgeous photography, graphics, and design make this app fun and enticing.
The “Epicurious’ Recipes & Shopping List: On the Go and In the Kitchen” application is available free from Apple’s
Epicurious.com is a Conde Nast Digital site. Conde Nast Digital, the leading creator and developer of upscale lifestyle and business brands online, also has created iPhone Apps for Style.com, Men.Style.com, Wired.com, and Reddit.
Epicurious.com, a Conde Nast Digital site, is a premier award-winning food Web site, which incorporates more than 25,000 professionally tested recipes from the premier brands in food journalism, Gourmet and Bon Appetit, plus web-exclusive recipes from renowned cookbooks and chefs. In addition, there are 75,000 member-submitted recipes, and web-exclusive original content from Epicurious.com editors and leading food authorities around the world. Epicurious offers a wealth of articles and tips focused on cooking, entertaining, wine, cocktails, and shopping.
About Conde Nast Digital
Conde Nast Digital is the leading creator and developer of upscale lifestyle and business brands online, providing enjoyable, useful services that build upon the heritage of the world’s most prestigious magazines. Conde Nast Digital produces 25 award winning sites such as NewYorker.com, VanityFair.com, Glamour.com, Epicurious.com, Style.com, Wired.com, and Reddit. Conde Nast Digital is the Internet unit of
Press contact: Allison Braley (212) 790-4487 Allison_braley@condenast.com