New Software Platform Announced for Digitarium(R) Digital Planetarium Systems
Digitarium(R) systems combine a specialized computer control unit, DLP projector, and proprietary fisheye lens to project 3D content onto an immersive hemispherical screen. The control unit’s integrated planetarium and multimedia display software is easily operated with Digitalis’ unique backlit remote control that works from anywhere in the dome.
Digitarium(R) systems are used for astronomy education by colleges, universities, science centers, schools, school districts, education service agencies, observatories, and — of course — planetariums. The systems can be used in either portable or fixed domes.
While Digitarium(R) systems have always been able to display images, videos, and full-dome movies, the new features greatly increase flexibility. For example, this release enables the following:
- Dynamic manipulation of media on the dome (enlarge, shrink, rotate, move, change projection type, and mirror) — all with Digitalis’ astonishingly simple-to-use remote control.
- Real-time distortion correction of all images and video, both perspective and full-dome content.
- Display media on two sides of the dome at once for better visibility.
- Overlay distortion-corrected video onto the dynamic planetarium sky using the StratoScript(TM) software scripting features.
- Real-time masking for optimal projection quality.
- Real-time truncation for truncated projection modes.
- Off-center distortion correction, allowing users to place a Digitarium(R) system alongside an existing starball while maintaining accurate positioning of celestial objects and other content.
Digitalis has also added a 1000GB internal hard drive to the Digitarium(R) control computer. This allows users to conveniently store large quantities of images and videos in the system.
The new software platform is in beta testing, scheduled for release Q2, 2009. Systems shipped before
Learn more about Digitalis, Digitarium(R) projection systems, and Digitalis inflatable domes at http://DigitalisEducation.com.
About Digitalis Education Solutions, Inc.:
Digitalis was founded in 2003 to create capable and affordable tools for astronomy education. With approximately 200 customers around the world, Digitalis is the leading provider of digital planetarium systems for the portable and small- to medium-sized fixed dome market.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Karrie Berglund phone: 360.616.8915 x301 email: karrie@DigitalisEducation.com
This release was issued through eReleases(TM). For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Digitalis Education Solutions, Inc.