June 29, 2009
Joe Jackson: No funeral arrangements yet
No funeral plans have yet been made for Michael Jackson because questions remain over how he died, his father Joe Jackson said Monday.
The senior Jackson, speaking to reporters outside his Encino, Calif., home along with the Rev. Al Sharpton, said funeral services would be arranged once he has more information about what led to the pop superstar's death at 50 last week, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Jackson ordered a second private autopsy be performed on his late son after the Los Angeles County Coroner's office conducted its own examination, the results of which have not yet been determined.
We are researching what happened to Michael, Jackson said.
I want to see how this autopsy comes out. I haven't decided what is going to happen yet. It will be in a way that Michael Jackson can be proud.
Joe Jackson also said he plans to have Michael's three children live with him and his wife, Katherine, saying,
We love those kids, too. We'll give them the education they're supposed to have.
Katherine Jackson was awarded temporary guardianship of the children Monday after filing to seek permanent custody with the Los Angeles County Probate Court, the Times said.