Oldman: Next Batman flick due in 2011
British actor Gary Oldman, who co-starred in
Batman Begins and
The Dark Knight, says the next film about the Caped Crusader will hit theaters in 2011.
The Dark Knight was an enormous blockbuster last year and won an Oscar for Oldman’s late co-star Heath Ledger, plans for the next Batman movie have not officially been announced.
EW.com said Oldman told the crowd at Comic-Con in San Diego Friday the next installment in the Batman franchise will begin shooting next year.
You didn’t hear that from me, added the actor, who was at the convention to promote his non-Batman film,
The Book of Eli.
EW.com said Warner Bros. declined to comment on Oldman’s remarks.