Universal Studios Singapore(R) Announces Launch of World’s ONLY ‘Madagascar’ Theme Park Attraction From DreamWorks Animation
SINGAPORE, Sept. 23 /PRNewswire/ — Asia’s largest integrated resort in Singapore, Resorts World Sentosa, has created not one, but TWO world’s firsts in collaboration with DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (Nasdaq: DWA) within its Universal Studios Singapore theme park.
Themed after DreamWorks Animation’s blockbuster movie Madagascar, Madagascar: A Crate Adventure will be a mega-attraction at Universal Studios Singapore when it opens in early 2010. Widely successful across audiences of all ages, the hit DreamWorks Animation film will be brought to life with a state-of-the-art indoor boat ride featuring animated figures, digital projection, evocative sound, and special effects that create a one-of-a-kind, funny and fun family ride.
Southeast Asia’s first and only Universal Studios theme park will also be home to the world’s first Far Far Away Castle, a landmark in the box-office hit Shrek series. King Harold’s 40-metre high castle will house attractions such as Shrek 4-D, Donkey Live and Magic Potion Spin.
Madagascar: A Crate Adventure and Far Far Away Castle are part of the world’s biggest single collection of DreamWorks Animation theme park attractions making its debut at Universal Studios Singapore. The collection of six attractions, complemented by more than 10 DreamWorks Animation themed dining and shopping outlets, also features rides suitable for the entire family, such as the fairy tale themed junior-coaster Enchanted Airways and King Julien’s Beach Party Go-Round.
Mr. Tan Hee Teck, CEO of Resorts World Sentosa, which Universal Studios Singapore is part of, said: “Resorts World Sentosa has a sales network spanning 22 Asian cities. In each of these cities, Shrek and Madagascar are well-known animation films with beloved characters. We are ecstatic to have made these characters residents in Resorts World Sentosa’s Universal Studios Singapore.
“We are excited about our relationship with DreamWorks Animation and Universal Studios Parks & Resorts, and I am sure that many Asian visitors will be too, when they see Universal Studios Singapore bring to life two of DreamWorks Animation’s most successful box-office franchises.”
“We are proud to announce the world-first Madagascar attraction in collaboration with DreamWorks Animation that will debut at Resorts World Sentosa’s Universal Studios Singapore,” said Tom Williams, Chairman and CEO, Universal Parks & Resorts. “These iconic animated characters promise to be another crown jewel in our collection of world-class rides and shows based on blockbuster movies that are loved by the entire family,” he added.
Universal Studios Singapore(R) is located within Singapore’s massive family destination resort, Resorts World(R) Sentosa. Universal Studios Singapore will feature 24 rides and attractions, 18 of which are either original or adapted for the park. Universal Studios Singapore opens in the first quarter of 2010.
DreamWorks Animation attractions at Universal Studios Singapore:
- Madagascar: A Crate Adventure: The hit DreamWorks Animation films are brought to life with state-of-the-art animated figures, digital projection, evocative sound, and moving show-action effects that create a one-of-a-kind, immersive ride experience. Cast adrift while being transferred from the New York Zoo, our four heroes – Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria – arrive at the shores of Madagascar. Here, they meet the impulsive leader of the local lemurs, King Julien, who, between bustin’ moves on the jungle floor, asks the New Yorkers to help defeat his nemesis – the dreaded Foosa. Aided by the technically-savvy but psychotic penguins, our heroes defeat the Foosa at the rim of a bubbling volcanic cauldron.
- Shrek 4-D: Join Princess Fiona, Shrek and Donkey on a honeymoon adventure that picks up where the Oscar-winning movie “Shrek” left off, through an original 3-D film, complete with jumps, bumps, bounces, air blasts and water spray that bring the action to life for each guest – with an extra dimension of special effects through the miracle of Ogre Vision.
- Donkey Live: Shrek’s fairy tale sidekick Donkey will bring the crowd to its feet in this all-new, one-of-a-kind, interactive live show experience, where guests sing along and even talk with Donkey in an intimate theatre setting. Situated along Far Far Away’s glamorous Romeo Drive, Hook’s Knight Club is the hottest nightspot in town.
- King Julien’s Beach Party-Go-Round: King Julien, the self-appointed king of the lemurs, knows how to move it, move it, and now he spins guests round and round to the beat of high-energy dance music in this crazy carousel, sure to be a family favorite. At this festive beach scene, King Julien and the Lemurs are throwing a party for their favorite freaks from New York: Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Gloria the Hippo, and Melman the Giraffe.
- Enchanted Airways: Guests of all ages climb aboard Donkey’s beloved Dragon for a flight over Far Far Away and beyond. At Enchanted Airways, a merry cast of fairy tale creatures – from the Three Pigs to the Big Bad Wolf, from Gingerbread Man to Pinocchio – forms part of a magical airline in the form of a junior coaster that serves destinations throughout the World of Shrek!
- Magic Potion Spin: As guests make their way past the bubbling vats of Fairy Godmother’s Potion Shop, they’ll encounter the fantastical heart of the factory, the Magic Potion Spin. This miniature Ferris wheel drives a clinking, clanking potion assembly line that circles the room, bottling magical elixirs from a giant wooden vat.
About Resorts World Sentosa
Slated to be one of the world’s most exciting family destinations, Resorts World Sentosa is a collection of resorts and attractions with fun-filled offerings for the entire family.
Taking pride of place on Singapore’s resort island of Sentosa and spanning 49 hectares of lush greenery, this S$6.59 billion (US$4.2 billion) destination will be home to Southeast Asia’s first and only Universal Studios theme park, the world’s largest Marine Life Park, and a destination spa – ESPA.
Besides attractions, Resorts World Sentosa offers six hotels and full conference and meeting amenities. Entertainment performances include the Crane Dance – the world’s largest animatronic performance – set out at the Resort waterfront. Guests to the Resort can also choose from dozens of shopping and dining options at the Resort’s bustling Strip, FestiveWalk.
Resorts World at Sentosa will have its soft opening in early 2010.
About Universal Parks & Resorts
Universal Parks & Resorts (UPR), a unit of General Electric’s (NYSE: GE) NBC Universal, features some of the world’s most popular entertainment destinations. Each year, millions of guests visit Universal’s theme parks in Florida, California, and Japan to experience thrilling, world-famous attractions that combine interactive groundbreaking ride and show technology with the world’s most recognized characters in movies and pop culture. New theme parks are planned for Dubai as well as Singapore.
SOURCE Universal Parks & Resorts