Taping of ‘Jon & Kate’ suspended
TLC said Thursday it has halted taping the U.S. reality series,
Jon & Kate Plus 8, after Jon Gosselin’s lawyer served it with a cease and desist letter.
The network announced earlier this week that it was reworking the show to focus more on Gosselin’s estranged wife Kate’s new role as a single mom with eight children.
Although TLC said the show would be renamed
Kate Plus 8 starting next month, it also emphasized Jon would still appear on it.
Jon reportedly instructed his lawyer to send the network a letter demanding it stop taping the show on the grounds it is detrimental to his eight children with Kate.
The couple announced during the summer they plan to divorce after nearly 10 years of marriage. Jon has since been photographed out on dates and partying at nightclubs.
We are aware of Jon Gosselin’s recent statements, and remain deeply disappointed at his continued erratic behavior, TLC said in a statement.
He and the family were shooting as recently as last Friday, without incident, and his latest comments are grossly inaccurate, without merit and are clearly opportunistic. Despite Jon Gosselin’s repeated self-destructive and unprofessional actions, he remains under an exclusive contract with TLC. Direct filming of the children has been currently suspended, pending further conversations between both parents.