October 5, 2009
Kate’s lawyer says Jon took $200K
U.S. reality television personality Jon Gosselin removed $200,000 from a joint bank account without his estranged wife Kate's permission, her lawyer said.
The couple, who star along with their eight children on the TV series,
Jon & Kate Plus 8, announced during the summer they plan to divorce after nearly 10 years of marriage.
The Gosselins were warned by the court supervising their divorce not to remove significant amounts of cash from their joint accounts without the other's approval.
Singer told People.com he e-mailed a letter last Friday to Jon's attorney reminding him of this, but hasn't heard back from him yet.
They have not responded. I'm sure he will respond by going on another TV show, Singer said.
Jon has made appearances on numerous talk shows to criticize his estranged wife. He also last week demanded production on their reality show be halted because it was detrimental to their children. The move came after TLC announced it is re-tooling the show to focus more on Kate's life as a single mother. The series was expected to be re-named
Kate Plus 8, starting next month, but its future remains unclear while the Gosselins work out their differences.
A total fabrication, People.com quoted Jon as telling TV's
The Insider Monday about Kate's allegations.