Nationwide Network of Journalists Launch Zester Daily
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 12 /PRNewswire/ — In the face of the bleak news of Gourmet magazine’s demise and newspapers’ financial struggles, a collection of award-winning journalists has banded together to create Zester Daily, a pioneering news site covering all aspects of what we eat and drink. Former Los Angeles Times writer Corie Brown founded the online publication, recruiting other Times colleagues, cookbook writers, wine critics, health, environment and political writers from across the country to create an online destination for food and wine enthusiasts.
“Our vision for Zester Daily is to create a nationwide network of professional writers who can address the intensely personal, as well as broadly political aspects of food and wine,” Brown said. “Zester Daily is not a reflection of one vision, but a collection of voices, making it a refreshingly authentic place for readers and a wonderfully liberating place for our writers.”
Zester Daily serves up mouth-watering recipes, incisive commentary and the latest food and wine information on an easy-to-navigate web site at http://www.zesterdaily.com. The roster of contributors includes:
- Clifford Wright – Author of 17 books (and a contributor to eight others), including “Mediterranean Feast,” which was named the James Beard/Kitchenaid cookbook of the year. His most recent Zester Daily piece is “Scrambled, Not Stirred.”
- Mary Engel – A member of a team of Los Angeles Times writers to win a Pulitzer Prize in 2005, she has partnered with environmental reporter Nolan Hester to file dispatches from across the Western United States exploring America’s food culture.
- Martha Rose Shulman — A specialist in healthy cooking, she has written more than 25 cookbooks, most recently co-authoring “New Family Classic Dinners” with Campanile executive chef/owner Mark Peel.
- Phil Gallo – An entertainment journalist and former editor with Variety, he covers food TV and other food and wine media.
- Nancy Harmon Jenkins — Author of eight books and a recognized expert on the Mediterranean diet, she is a former staff writer for The New York Times.
- Elin McCoy — Author of “The Emperor of Wine: The Rise of Robert M. Parker, Jr. and the Reign of American Taste,” she is a Bloomberg News wine and spirits columnist.
- Lucy Dahl – Screenwriter and author, she writes stories on food and imagination learned from her parents, author Roald Dahl and actress Patricia Neal.
- Jessica Harris — Jessica is the author of 10 critically acclaimed cookbooks documenting the foods and foodways of the African Diaspora.
- Patrick Comiskey – A contributor to the Los Angeles Times, he is working on a book and a series of stories chronicling the American RhÃƒ´ne wine movement
For a full list of contributors and their biographies, visit the Zester Daily website.
Zester Daily uses an innovative financial model, in which every writer is invested in its success.
“Zester Daily upends the traditional publishing hierarchy by offering journalists the support of a dedicated team of editors, marketers and technical advisors, while allowing them to work independently,” Brown said. “This is not citizen journalism; rather it is a professional association where members are rewarded based on their reputations and their ability to find an audience for their work.”
Zester Daily, an advertising-supported website, provides brands with the opportunity to market to a particularly coveted educated and affluent consumer. The site offers both advertisers and readers an appealing environment in which to learn about topics and products relevant to their lives.
About Zester Daily LLC
Founded by Corie Brown, Zester Daily is a collection of experienced journalists working to provide readers with the latest news and information from around the globe about all aspects of food and wine. Advertiser-supported, independently owned and distributed without fee, Zester Daily gives this rich topic area the close, uncompromised attention it deserves.
Zester Daily’s contributors are committed to quality journalism and high ethical standards. Work on the site reflects the experience and interests of individual contributors. The result is a constant flow of fresh, lively stories found nowhere else. Each contributor owns his or her work posted on Zester Daily.
SOURCE Zester Daily LLC