Winter is Packed With Events and Packages in Breckenridge, CO
BRECKENRIDGE, Colo., Oct. 30 /PRNewswire/ — Winter has officially hit Breckenridge with non-stop snow over the last four days, and that can mean only one thing – Ski Season! With the opening of the Breckenridge Ski Resort on November 12, winter welcomes unique events and activities to the quaint Victorian town. Whether you are planning a vacation to celebrate the holiday season or a spring break ski adventure, Breckenridge offers events, activities and packages to wow visitors throughout the season.
Featured Winter Lodging Packages:
- Early Season Ski Free, Stay Free
Early season in Breckenridge means blue skies, fresh snow and big value. Book three nights of lodging and three days of adult lift tickets and receive an additional night of lodging and an additional day of adult skiing free. Prices start at only $91 per person, per night. Package offered November 12 -December 18, 2009.
- 20% Off Holiday Season Lodging
Just announced, a family of 4 can stay in Breckenridge for 5 nights and ski or board for 4 days. Get 20% savings with prices as low as $155 per person, per night during the holiday season. Package offered December 18, 2009 – January 2, 2010.
- Breck Snow Adventures
Breckenridge, Colorado is the ultimate place to play in the snow. Groups of 4 can stay in Breckenridge for 4 nights, ski or board for 4 days, take a snowmobile trip, go dog sledding and enjoy a dinner sleigh ride. Prices start at $192 per person, per night. Package offered January 4 – February 10, 2010.
Experience one of Breck’s signature holiday events:
- Get in the holiday spirit with the Lighting of Breckenridge, Dec. 5, 2009
- See how snow sculpting got started in Breck with the second annual Breckenridge Snowflake Challenge, Dec. 5-12, 2009
- Watch freeskiing and snowboarding’s finest pros compete in the second annual Winter Dew Tour, Dec. 18-20, 2009
- Ring in the New Year Breckenridge style with a concert, fireworks, a torchlight parade, parties and bar specials, Dec. 31, 2009
Winter 2010 welcomes Viking horns, snow sculptures, beads, music and more:
- Celebrate Ullr, the Norse god of snow with Viking horns and wacky parade floats during Ullr Fest, Jan.10-16, 2010
- View art made of 20-ton blocks of snow during the 20th Annual Budweiser International Snow Sculpture Championships, Jan. 26-31, 2010
- Dance, drink hurricanes, eat Cajun food and watch the crowning of the 2010 Mardi Gras REX and Queen at Bacchus Ball, Feb. 13, 2010
- Get a taste of “N’awlins” with a festive procession of floats and beads at Breck’s Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday Celebration, Feb. 16, 2010 – A touch of “N’awlins” comes to Breckenridge and culminates on Main Street!
- Enjoy spring skiing, live concerts, Massive Brewfest, comedy nights on-mountain competitions and more at Spring Massive, April 1-18, 2010
Explore the town’s unique winter activities
In addition to skiing and snowboarding at the Breckenridge Ski Resort, the town offers a vast array of unique winter activities. Breckenridge boasts miles of snowshoeing and cross-country skiing trails at two quality Nordic Centers as well as on the town’s trail system.
Experience what it is like to be a musher with a dog sledding tour in Breckenridge’s backcountry or hear the sleigh bells jingle with a ride through a snowy starlit night on a horse drawn dinner sleigh ride. Adventure seekers can rent snowmobiles and tour Breckenridge’s scenic backcountry or go sledding at Carter Park. Other winter activities include a visit to the Arts District, boutique shopping, spa treatments, hut trips, ice skating, walking, mining and museum tours and more. With an average of 25 feet of snow each year, Breckenridge’s has endless winter activities to offer.
For more information on Breckenridge events, activities and packages, visit gobreck.com or call 877-593-5260.