Qorvis’ New Hires Support Advertising, Interactive, Public Affairs Clients
Growth Complements Expanding Business; Agency Also Announces New Awards
WASHINGTON, Jan. 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Qorvis Communications, one of the fastest-growing integrated communications firms in the U.S., today announced recent hires, further building the firm’s expertise across multiple communications platforms. Nine employees joined Qorvis in the second half of 2009 and the firm continues to seek qualified individuals for additional openings.
“Qorvis had a great 2009, and our business is expanding to meet the client demand for our services,” said Qorvis’ Managing Partner Michael Petruzzello. “As we begin 2010, we continue to look for talented communications experts with multidisciplinary backgrounds — for public affairs, interactive, advertising and more.”
Qorvis welcomes the following new hires:
- Managing Director Cassie Elliot joins Qorvis with more than 20 years of copywriting experience in advertising and consumer relationship marketing across multiple client categories. Her most recent position was vice president, creative director at RTCRM, where her primary account was Abbott Laboratories. Earlier, she worked for 15 years in New York City at a number of multinational agencies including Saatchi Healthcare, Digitas and Ogilvy. Elliot brings her talent to Qorvis clients Massey Energy (NYSE: MEE) and AAMCO, among others.
- Senior Director Max Hancock joins Qorvis with strategic insights on interactive marketing and specializes in user experience and social media. His experience in web design, development and project management has benefited clients such as AARP, Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT), Dell (Nasdaq: DELL) and Microsoft Corporation (Nasdaq: MSFT). At Qorvis, Max is responsible for leading the interactive vision for George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens.
- Senior Director Stefan Nagey is an expert in web strategy and Internet technology with more than 15 years experience creating winning web strategies, online marketing campaigns and new media experiences. Nagey was a member of the senior management team at Full Tilt Poker, where he was involved with web development, search engine optimization, online marketing and e-commerce. Nagey has won three WebAwards, and has been nominated for the film industry’s Key Art Awards and twice for Webby Awards. Nagey shares his interactive expertise with Qorvis clients including George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens, Daon, Mexico and ULLICO.
- Director Brock Boland joins Qorvis with several years of experience developing websites and applications for AetherQuest Solutions and pro bono organization Taproot Foundation. At Qorvis, Boland will be working on ULLICO, the Archery Trade Association and George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens.
- Director Nicole Silverman has overseen the development and implementation of international public affairs programs for Fortune 500 companies, foundations and trade associations. An expert in telecom policy, Silverman works on technology policy issues with the NoChokePoints coalition and handles reputation management for sovereign governments.
- Director Art Swift offers more than a decade of public relations, journalistic and political experience to the Qorvis team. His expertise assists Qorvis clients including the Society for Human Resource Management, Scientific American, Feld Entertainment and Cisco Systems, Inc (Nasdaq: CSCO).
- Senior Associate Kevin Douglass brings Flash, motion and 3-D interactive capabilities to Qorvis. Previous client work included Ripken Baseball, Red Cross and Washington State Department of Health, as well as multiple political campaigns. Douglass will work on website development with Qorvis client Plasan, among others.
- Associate Rebecca McGee specializes in print-based design and supports a range of interactive, web and print-based projects for the Qorvis creative team. She works on an array of accounts including XL, Ericsson Federal, Finmeccanica (Milano: SIFI.MI, FNC.IM), the Society for Human Resource Management and Reznick Group.
- Associate David Silverstein brings great talent to public affairs clients, including foreign governments, and public relations support to corporate clients such as Pratt & Whitney (NYSE: UTX) and Sprint (NYSE: S).
During the second half of 2009, Qorvis added more than 20 new clients, including tech brands such as Ericsson Federal, Spacenet and Daon, provided interactive services for Reznick Group, Afilias, and Afilias Discovery Services, publicity for Capital Home & Garden Show and GQ’s 50 Most Powerful People in D.C. and strategic communications programs for Computer Science Corporation (CSC), Operation HOPE, National Education Association, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fairfax Radiological Consultants, Sunshine Kids Juvenile Products, Independent Community Bankers Association, Plasan, Bancroft, Alliance for Excellent Education, American Society of Consultant Pharmacists, Scientific American Magazine, DC Energy and Pew.
Qorvis has recently received many awards and accolades. Partner Stan Collender was named a finalist for PR News PR People; Qorvis client Keep America Beautiful was named a finalist for PR News Non-Profit Awards; YouthAIDS, a 2008 Qorvis pro-bono client, was named a finalist for PR News Platinum Awards; new Qorvis client Fairfax Radiological Consultants received distinction as a “Platinum Winner” of the 2009 MarCom Awards; the Society for Human Resource Management, another Qorvis client, was named a “Gold Winner” of the 2009 MarCom Awards for its microsite; and Managing Director Seth Thomas Pietras was named by the editorial team of PR Week as one of 2009′s “40 Under 40″–an annual survey of agencies, corporations and nonprofits that profiles 40 professionals under the age of 40 who demonstrate innovative thinking, strong determination and results that indicate a long and successful career in the PR industry.
In addition, Qorvis’ in-house interactive work is highlighted in AAMCO’s recently launched mobile application, the iGAAUGE, a free downloadable application giving customers access to diagnostic tools and up-to-the-mile maintenance information at the touch of a button. The iGAAUGE, named in Ad Age’s Book of Tens: Cool Branded iPhone Apps for 2009, is among the first of its kind for a national car care leader. The app is available for the iPhoneÃ‚® and iPod touchÃ‚® and can be downloaded from the iTunesÃ‚® App Store.
About Qorvis Communications, LLC
Qorvis Communications is one of the nation’s largest independent, integrated communications firms. Formed in August 2000, Qorvis provides its clients with expertise in the areas of public and media relations, advertising, public affairs, investor relations and financial services communications, grassroots campaigns, Internet-based campaigns, social media strategies, and research and opinion surveys. For more information, visit www.qorvis.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Qorvis Communications