‘The Dr. Oz Show’ Ramps Up for February Sweeps
NEW YORK, Feb. 2 /PRNewswire/ — “The Dr. Oz Show,” the high octane, multi-topic hour-long series hosted by trusted health expert, best-selling author, and world-renowned cardiac surgeon Dr. Mehmet Oz, will feature all-new, informative and thought-provoking episodes during February sweeps (check local listings for time and channel). Shows include an emotional intervention with Carnie Wilson; an eye-opening look at the threat of a medical terror attack; an entire hour dedicated to men and their health; countdown health tips you need to know now; a celebration of Dr. Oz’s milestone 100th episode with special guest Richard Simmons; and a celebrity edition of Ask Dr. Oz that features Kim Kardashian, Pierce Brosnan, Randy Jackson and more.
- Thursday, February 4th, singer and entertainer Carnie Wilson turns to Dr. Oz after her life-long battle with weight pushes her dangerously close to a health crisis. After sitting down with Dr. Oz for a candid discussion about her struggles with both food and alcohol, Carnie is shocked when confronted with the facts revealed in Dr. Oz’s Truth Tube. With the help of show enforcer Dr. Mike Roizen, Dr. Oz provides a true intervention on what Carnie needs to do NOW in order to achieve lasting weight loss and optimum health. Plus, Dr. Oz welcomes back “The Dr. Oz Show” guest contributors Taj and Eddie George and 20 AFC and NFC Moms for the NFL Mom’s Ultimate Health Challenge Finale to crown the MVP and declare the winning team.
- On Tuesday, February 9th a special “Oz Alert” focuses on the threat of medical terror attacks. Three of the country’s leading experts gather to discuss our level of vulnerability, our greatest threats, and how prepared the United States is for such an attack. From bio-terror to the plague, learn what you need to know in order to survive.
- Dr. Oz goes below the belt on Thursday, February 11th for a “Men Only” hour! Learn the five tests essential to every man, and why they are vital to good health. Plus, Dr. Oz introduces three Chicago Firefighters whose lives are not only threatened by their day job but the dangerous numbers revealed in the Truth Tube. Follow along as they start Dr. Oz’s latest weight loss challenge and action plan.
- Join Dr. Oz in a Countdown for Better Health, on Friday, February 12th. This special episode will countdown the 6 biggest risks for cancer, 5 fantastic foods for 2010, 4 secret fatigue fighters, 3 things to make you look younger, 2 numbers you must know and the 1 vitamin you must take this year.
- On Tuesday, February 16th, “The Dr. Oz Show” celebrates a milestone 100th episode with fitness guru Richard Simmons! Dr. Oz provides 100 tips to 100 audience members who have lost 100 pounds or more. While Simmons, who shed over 100-pounds himself, will share his own story.
- Friday, February 26th features a special Ask Dr. Oz: Celebrity Edition. Kim Kardashian, Pierce Brosnan, Randy Jackson, Marie Osmond, Paula Deen, Martha Stewart, and a special surprise celebrity are scheduled to ask Dr. Oz their own personal health questions.
ABOUT “THE DR. OZ SHOW”
“The Dr. Oz Show” is an entertaining, high octane, multi topic hour hosted by Dr. Oz, vice-chair of the Department of Surgery and Professor of Surgery at Columbia University. He directs the Cardiovascular Institute and Complementary Medicine Program at New York Presbyterian Hospital and performs 250 heart operations annually. His research interests include heart replacement surgery, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, complementary medicine and health care policy. He has authored over 400 original publications, book chapters, and medical books and has received several patents. “The Dr. Oz Show” is executive produced by Mindy Borman; Amy Chiaro is co-executive producer, and has been cleared in 100 of the top 100 markets in over 99% of the country. The show is filmed in front of a studio audience in Studio 6A in New York’s legendary Rockefeller Center. “The Dr. Oz Show” is co-produced by Harpo Productions and Sony Pictures Television (SPT) and distributed by SPT.
Online Information: Show: doctoroz.com Twitter: twitter.com/droz MySpace: myspace.com/droz Facebook: facebook.com/droz For Ticket Inquiries: General Audience Tickets: Ticket Request Hotline is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM 212-664-3056, Option 4
SOURCE Sony Pictures Television