Square Enix’s NIER to Release in North America April 27, 2010
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 3 /PRNewswire/ — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square EnixÃ‚® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that their upcoming Action-RPG NIER(TM) for PlayStationÃ‚®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360Ã‚® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, will be available at North American retail outlets on April 27, 2010.
The latest offering from the RPG masters at Square Enix, NIER is a unique “Action-RPG” that blends traditional RPG gameplay mechanics with intense, bloody combat and powerful magic to create an action-packed single-player experience where players explore and discover a future lost to a shadowy past.
Developed by cavia Inc, NIER delivers on Square Enix’s renowned pedigree for creating unique and twisting storylines coupled with deep character development – a pedigree that has kept gamers around the world enraptured for decades.
Players will jump into the title role of the unyielding Nier as he begins his desperate quest to discover a cure for his daughter, Yonah, who is stricken with the deadly Black Scrawl disease. Armed with powerful magic as well as mighty swords, Nier will battle alongside formidable allies against waves of dark enemies and giant bosses to discover the truth about the disease, his daughter…and himself.
For more information about NIER, please visit the game’s official Web site at http://www.niergame.com/. Fans can also stay up-to-date with all of the latest screenshots, videos and breaking news by becoming a fan on the official Facebook page, at http://www.facebook.com/NIERGame.
- The Next RPG from Square Enix: NIER, the newest franchise from RPG masters Square Enix, delivers unique and memorable characters, intense action-packed battles, explosive magic and storytelling like only Square Enix can.
- Unbelievable Story Twists and Reveals: Immerse in an amazingly intricate storyline set in a world plagued by human anguish, buried secrets and a ravaging disease. With plot twists hiding around every corner, NIER‘s story needs to be seen to be believed.
- RPG Gameplay Injected With Action-Packed Combat: Battle ferocious and mysterious enemies by combining proven RPG-style gameplay, such as magic, character development and faithful allies, with action-focused explosive swordplay and combat.
- Powerful Magical Abilities: When his sword isn’t enough, Nier can call on a remarkable array of stylish and powerful spells to augment his combat moves and overcome adversaries. As players progress, upgraded spells will help defeat ever-more-deadly enemies.
- Brutal Combat Moves: Face off against evil creatures and unleash brutal combat moves along with devastating combo attacks. Unlock an arsenal of devastating weapons, each with its own design and attack style.
- Formidable Allies: Travel with a dynamic party of allies and do battle against monstrous giants as a powerful and united party.
- A Dynamic and Stunning World: Travel across an unforgettable world filled with dynamic landscapes featuring the hauntingly familiar remains of modern society.
NIER is rated M (Mature). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. NIER will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $59.99 for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 systems.
About Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America, and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan’s best-selling franchises — FINAL FANTASYÃ‚®, which has sold over 92 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUESTÃ‚®, which has sold over 53 million units worldwide — under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation. Square Enix, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. with offices in Los Angeles, California. It handles operations in North America, including development, localization, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com.
Ã‚© 2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Developed by cavia inc.
DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. in the United States and/or other countries. NIER is a trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook. Inc.
SOURCE Square Enix, Inc.