AT&T Offers Free Messaging Phones for Your Valentine(s) and Apps That Help You Find Someone to Text ’143′
DALLAS, Feb. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — They say, if you love someone, set them free. If you love several someones this Valentine’s Day, AT&T helps you set them up with a free phone. Just in time for Feb. 14, AT&T* customers can buy any smartphone, like the new BlackBerryÃ‚® Bold(TM) 9700 for $199 after mail-in rebate, and get any four Quick Messaging Devices, like the Pantech Impact for free after mail-in rebate. Voice plan and qualifying data plan is required on a two year service agreement for each phone.
While flowers, chocolates and cards may never go out of style, one of the fastest and most fashionable ways to say “I love you” is sealed with a text like “143″ – the number 143 because “I” has one letter, “love” has four letters and the “you” has three.
The next generation messaging device from Samsung, the Flight has a vertical sliding form factor, with full keyboard underneath. A textured design and subtle ridge on the back make it easy to text or use the touch screen with one hand. The main display features a unique user interface which provides one-touch access to functions like shortcuts, favorites and messaging. The Flight is now available in red and silver color options.
Bringing more color choices to the quick messaging portfolio, Impact features an OLED touch screen that lets users send text messages, make calls, and control their music library without having to open the phone. Impact’s screen features haptic controls which register each key-press with a soft, tactile buzz. A sideways flip of the phone reveals a full physical keyboard and a second display screen, allowing for a fuller experience when typing longer messages. Additionally, Impact’s bright screen and tri-band 3G functionality, lets users manage social networks and explore the Internet with quickness and ease. Available in two colors, pink and blue.
Additionally, AT&T customers can find a selection of apps that help them navigate the land of love this holiday in AT&T’s content and multimedia store, available directly on AT&T handsets or from the PC at www.att.com/appcenter. A few examples include:
- Wine Spectator – Impress your Valentine with your knowledge of fine wines by quickly and easily tapping into Wine Spectator’s deep archive of trusted wine ratings and vintage charts. Perfect for connoisseurs and novices alike, the Wine Spectator Mobile Companion is like having access to your very own sommelier. Cheers! (Available for $3.99/month)
- ZAGAT TO GO – Find the perfect date night restaurant. ZAGAT TO GO includes ratings and reviews from over 45 Zagat Guides covering dining, nightlife, hotels, and even golf courses. Automated updates ensure you’ll receive fresh reviews and learn about new openings so you’ll always be in the know. (Available for $3.99/month)
- Date Doctor by AMA – Not everyone has the smooth moves to land a date. When feeling a little lovesick or unsure, the Date Doctor has some dating technique tips. How to make the first move, how to act on a date, and how to avoid embarrassing dating scenarios are just a few of the master moves you’ll learn. The app also features fun dating skill tests to help you assess your overall approach and find a formula that works for you. (Available for $2.99/month)
- AT&T Social Net – While love is a private thing for some, there are those who prefer to shout it from the mountaintops–or at least to their social communities. AT&T Social Net is a free mobile social networking application that combines access to FacebookÃ‚®, MySpace, Twitter as well as customizable news feeds within a single application. Send a personal tweet or post to your sweetheart or let everyone know that you’re madly in love … or maybe desperately seeking love.
- AT&T U-verse Offers On Demand – Need a romantic flick to watch with your Valentine? U-verse TV customers can enter coupon code 10002 or 110002 (for HD) on channel 199 to redeem a coupon for $1 off their rental of “THE PROPOSAL” (rated PG-13) Feb. 8-14. You can also find other romantic films in the “Valentine’s Day Movies” category in the featured section of the U-verse On Demand library.
- MyLovesigns – Is love in the stars for you? Whether you’re single or already have a partner, MyLovesigns offers astrological love advice at every stage of your romantic life. Will you meet a sexy Scorpio today or should you beware of Libras bearing heart-shaped candies? The possibilities, like the stars, are endless. (Available for $2.99/month)
Another lovable app worth noting is Flirtomatic, a free and fun flirting service launching this week in the AT&T App Center. With Flirtomatic, you can make new friends by using virtual tools to help send messages. Join the flirting mayhem by purchasing Flirt Points to promote yourself, find out who has rated you, send virtual gifts and much more. Visit www.att.com/appcenter later this week to set up your profile, add your photo and get flirting!
For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com.
For more information and detailed disclaimer information, please review this announcement in the AT&T newsroom at http://www.att.com/newsroom.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. AT&T offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse(SM) and AT&T | DIRECTV(SM) brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T’s Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations are known for their leadership in directory publishing and advertising sales. In 2009, AT&T again ranked No. 1 in the telecommunications industry on FORTUNEÃ‚® magazine’s list of the World’s Most Admired Companies.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATTNews. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
Ã‚© 2009 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 3G service not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
AT&T U-verse services are provided by AT&T local telephone companies. Geographic and service restrictions apply to AT&T U-verse. Call or go to www.uverse.att.com to see if you qualify. On Demand Coupon: Required purchase necessary. Coupon valid for limited time only and can be used only once. Coupon void if transferred or copied and not redeemable for Pay Per View events. Cash value 1/20th of 1 cent in states where required; otherwise, coupon has no cash value. Coupon valid for limited time only and can be used only once.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.