Art + Travel Europe Steps Into the Lives of Five Famous Painters
NEW YORK, March 2 /PRNewswire/ — Vincent Van Gogh. Edvard Munch. Johannes Vermeer. Caravaggio. Francisco Goya. These five artists continue to inspire and capture imaginations. Travel through the cities they called home, with Art + Travel Europe, a new guide book from Museyon Guides.
Art + Travel Europe is the first book to feature detailed walking tours of the five cities where these artists lived, loved and labored, plus a biography of each painter. Readers will discover the stories behind such iconic works as “Starry Night” and “The Scream,” retrace the steps of Caravaggio in exile, and much more.
Art + Travel Europe: Step Into the Lives of Five Famous Painters ($17.95, 208 pages) blends the traditional travel guide with a crash-course in art appreciation and a globetrotter’s guide to fine food, drink, and lodging along the way. Art + Travel Europe from Museyon Guides includes:
- Walking tours of Van Gogh’s Arles, France; Munch’s Oslo, Norway; Vermeer’s Delft, Netherlands; Caravaggio’s Rome, Italy; and Goya’s Madrid, Spain
- Meticulously researched articles on the artists’ dramatic lives
- Personal stories about the artists, and inside scoops from local towns and venues
- Chapters loaded with useful sidebars, travel tips, and suggested itineraries with easy-to-read maps
- Detailed “Anatomy of a Masterpiece” section featuring a gallery of paintings that span each artists’ career
- Comprehensive index of artworks and museum locations around the globe
- Listings of books, films and music inspired by or about each artist
- Over 150 paintings and 250-plus color photographs
- Appeal for both the armchair traveler as well as the get-up-and-go traveler
- Original cover illustration by Tiny Inventions
Available at bookstores and online March 16, 2010.
Praise for Museyon Guides
“The books in this series are fun for both actual and armchair travel,” Whitney Hallberg, ForeWord Magazine
“Full of color photography, history and trivia,” Hilary Howard, The New York Times
“Beautifully illustrated, easily portable,” Brad Hooper, Booklist
About Museyon Guides
Museyon Guides is an independent publisher of cultural guide books including Music + Travel Worldwide and the Film + Travel series. Additional content from Museyon Guides can be found at www.museyon.com, or at www.facebook.com/museyon, and www.twitter.com/museyon.
Contact: Heather Corcoran 212-980-8850 x. 11 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Museyon Guides