In Colorado, It’s Not Too Late to Save Big on Last Minute Spring Break Escapes
DENVER, March 8 /PRNewswire/ — Colorado’s sunny days, legendary spring skiing, festivals and special events make it an ideal spring break vacation destination. This year, Colorado’s resorts are offering special deals on lodging, lift tickets and more. Below are just a few ways to enjoy spring in Colorado. For a complete list of packages, visit www.HotDealsColorado.com.
- Friends and Family Fly Free to Gunnison/Crested Butte. When traveling by air to the Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport (GUC) on United, Delta and American through April 4, 2010, take advantage of Crested Butte Mountain Resort’s Friends and Family Fly Free program. Buy two airline tickets and get the third free when staying in CBMR’s lodging properties for at least four nights. Restrictions apply. www.skicb.com
- Don’t Break the Bank in Boulder. Set out to Eldora Mountain Resort and find lodging with lift tickets, starting at just $64.50 per person for a one-night stay. The Boulder Ski Escape Package is the perfect way to enjoy the slopes without breaking the bank. www.boulderskiescape.com
- Spring Break on Breck! 33 Percent-Off a Stay of Three Nights or More. Guests at Breckenridge Ski Resort receive a 33 percent discount when they stay for three or more nights this spring break at Mountain Thunder Lodge, Great Divide Lodge, the Village Hotel or the Village at Breckenridge. www.breckenridge.com
- Ski Free, Stay Free and Rent Gear Free at Beaver Creek. Visit Beaver Creek February 22- March 12, 2010, and when you buy three nights of lodging and three days of skiing, receive a complimentary fourth night of lodging and fourth day of skiing for free. Plus, Beaver Creek will also throw in a free day or ski rentals. www.beavercreek.com/springbreak
- Stay and Ski Free in Telluride. Telluride Resort Lodging is offering Stay and Ski for Free deals this spring. Guests can book five nights of lodging from March 1 through April 4, 2010 and receive an additional two nights of lodging and the 6th day of skiing for free. www.TellurideSkiResort.com.
- Ski or Ride for Just $49 Per Day in Winter Park. This spring at Winter Park, adults and kids can ski or ride for $49 per day with a three-night resort stay. Through their new “Everyone’s a Kid” package, the resort is offering adult lift tickets at kid’s prices when purchased with three nights of resort lodging at Fraser Crossing, Founders Pointe, the Vintage Hotel, Winter Park Mountain Lodge or Zephyr Mountain Lodge. Package available through March 31, 2010. www.WinterParkResort.com.
- The Snow and the Prices Continue to Fall at Purgatory. Purgatory at Durango Mountain Resort is offering a lodging and lift ticket deal at the Lodge at Tamarron this March. Rooms are available for $69 per person, per night — the rate also includes lift tickets. www.DurangoMountainResort.com.
Hot Happenings and Awesome Activities
- Head to Aspen/Snowmass for the 10th Annual Bud Light Spring Jam. The Bud Light Spring Jam is two weekends of new-school competitions and downtown concerts and parties held March 19-21 and 26-28, 2010. Don’t miss Big Air Fridays, the Hi-Fi Concert Series, Terrain Park Boot Camp, and the Helly Hansen Battle in the Bowls. All events are free and open to the public. www.aspensnowmass.com
- Go big at the Spring Massive in Breckenridge, April 1-18, 2010. The Spring Massive Festival is a multi-faceted, interactive event including entertainment, family fun and competitions. Events include free outdoor concerts, Bite of Breckenridge, a Massive Beer Festival, Comedy Nights and more! www.breckenridge.snow.com
- Soak in the Sun at Copper Mountain’s Sunsation, April 10-11 and 17-18, 2010. This spring Copper’s Sunsation celebrates its 10th year with bands including Los Lonely Boys. Plus, the Red Bull 1976 Games return to Copper for a 2nd year with team competitions that include snowblade cross and the Collegiate Alt Games slopestyle competition. www.coppercolorado.com
- Spring Back to Vail, April 12 – 18, 2010. Vail’s huge end-of-the-season bash includes free concerts from national headliners, on-snow events, street parties and don’t miss the greatest spectacle of all – the World Pond Skimming Championships. http://springbacktovail.com/
- “Rock the ‘Boat” in Steamboat. This spring the Bud Light Rocks the ‘Boat Concert Series returns to Steamboat, offering a great mixture of musical genres. Bands play for two uninterrupted hours right at the base of the ski area where all ages are able to enjoy the spring apres. “Rocks the ‘Boat” will take place every Saturday, March 13 to April 3 and Sunday, April 11, 2010 www.Steamboat.com
Contact: Caitlin Sullivan / 970-372-6571, firstname.lastname@example.org Roland Alonzi / 212-219-7560, ext. 6765, email@example.com
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office