RSA Positioned in Leaders Quadrant in Web Fraud Detection Report by Leading Analyst Firm
BEDFORD, Mass., March 16 /PRNewswire/ — RSA, The Security Division of EMC (NYSE: EMC) announced that it is positioned by Gartner, Inc. as a “Leader” in its newest “Magic Quadrant for Web Fraud Detection” report(1) by Avivah Litan. According to Gartner, this positioning is based upon completeness of vision and ability to execute. RSA addresses the web fraud detection market with the RSAÂ® Identity Protection and Verification Suite.
“We believe that our placement in the Web Fraud Detection Leaders Quadrant is a reflection of RSA’s continued success in defending against advancements in online fraud and identity impersonation, as well as our ability to deliver tangible value to customers by reducing their fraud-related losses,” said Christopher Young, Senior Vice President, Technology at RSA. “RSA’s anti-fraud experts are delivering innovative, layered solutions worldwide that currently secure more than 250 million people’s identities, credentials, and assets.”
About the RSA Identity Protection and Verification Suite
The RSAÂ® Identity Protection and Verification Suite is one of the most complete and innovative Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) portfolios of strong authentication and anti-fraud technologies. Engineered to protect organizations and their online users against the latest external threats, it includes:
- RSAÂ® Adaptive Authentication, a risk-based authentication and fraud detection platform is used by more than 10,000 organizations worldwide and authenticates more than 250 million users through risk indicators powered by the RSA(Â®) Risk Engine, such as device identification, geo-location, behavioral profiling, and fraud data from the RSA eFraudNetwork(SM) community.
- RSA FraudAction(SM), a 24×7 service that helps protect more than 320 organizations against phishing, Trojan, and other online attacks. Powered by the RSA Anti-Fraud Command Center (AFCC), its team of fraud analysts has shut down more than 280,000 illegal websites in 140 countries to date.
- RSAÂ® Identity Verification, a knowledge-based authentication system that is engineered to assure and confirm user identities in real-time by presenting a series of top-of-mind questions utilizing relevant facts obtained from dozens of public and commercial record databases.
- RSAÂ® Transaction Monitoring, an online fraud detection and management system that is designed to detect, flag, and investigate high-risk activities. The RSA Risk Engine evaluates each online activity in real-time and generates a unique risk score that reduces fraud.
- RSAÂ® Adaptive Authentication for eCommerce, a secure framework for cardholder protection and fraud management that authenticated hundreds of millions of transactions last year via a range of authentication and card security products, including Verified by VisaÂ®, MasterCard SecureCode(TM) and JCB J/Secure(TM).
- The RSA eFraudNetwork service, a cross-institution, cross-platform, online fraud network community, dedicated to sharing and disseminating information on fraudulent activity.
About the Gartner Web Fraud Detection Magic Quadrant
The Gartner Web Fraud Detection Magic Quadrant is copyrighted January 2010 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
(1) Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Web Fraud Detection” by Avivah Litan, January 26, 2010
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security solutions for business acceleration, helping the world’s leading organizations succeed by solving their most complex and sensitive security challenges. RSA’s information-centric approach to security guards the integrity and confidentiality of information throughout its lifecycle – no matter where it moves, who accesses it or how it is used.
RSA offers industry-leading solutions in identity assurance & access control, data loss prevention, encryption & key management, compliance & security information management and fraud protection. These solutions bring trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform, and the data that is generated. For more information, please visit www.RSA.com and www.EMC.com.
EMC, RSA, FraudAction and eFraudNetwork are either registered trademarks, trademarks or service marks of EMC Corporation. Verified by Visa is a registered trademark of Visa Inc. in the United States and other countries. MasterCard and SecureCode are registered trademarks of MasterCard Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States. J/Secure is a registered trademark of JCB in the United States and other countries. All other products and/or services are trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE EMC Corporation