3ality Digital to Showcase Its Leading S3D Broadcast Production Technology and Premium Content Throughout National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show
BURBANK, Calif., March 31 /PRNewswire/ — Coming off its groundbreaking S3D telecast of the March 24th NHL game between the New York Rangers and Islanders at Madison Square Garden, 3ality Digital, LLC (www.3alitydigital.com) will demonstrate the broadcast industry’s S3D systems of choice throughout the upcoming National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) show in Las Vegas. 3ality Digital’s technology and content will be widely represented at the April 10-15 industry gathering, and company executives will lend their expertise to high-profile NAB panel discussions.
“3ality Digital’s leading-edge work in live S3D broadcast production has captured the interest of a range of visionary companies,” said Sandy Climan, CEO, 3ality Digital, LLC. “We think the working presentations of our integrated technologies at the NAB show will do much to show the market how, together, we make S3D production accessible, precise and scalable.”
“We’re deeply honored that virtually all of the leading camera manufacturers have selected 3ality Digital for their NAB exhibits, as it validates our production systems as the best S3D live action tools available to the market,” said Steve Schklair, CEO of 3ality Digital Systems, the technology and production arm of 3ality Digital, LLC.
3ality Digital’s presence at NAB will include:
- Sony (Booth #: C11001) - 3ality Digital has equipped a standard HD OB truck from All Mobile Video with its best-in-class systems to demonstrate how easy it is to transition from 2D to S3D. The truck will feature live S3D image capture using two 3ality Digital TS-2 Studio beamsplitter rigs fitted with Sony cameras and paired with a shooting set, where show attendees can receive hands-on demonstrations on how to operate S3D camera platforms.
- Panasonic (Booth #: C3712) - Featuring a live 3ality Digital TS-2 rig fitted with Panasonic cameras, with hands-on demonstrations.
- Ikegami (Booth #: C5108) - Featuring a live 3ality Digital TS-2 rig fitted with Ikegami cameras.
- Grass Valley Group (Booth #: SL106) - Will feature a live 3ality Digital TS-2 Studio beamsplitter fitted with Grass Valley cameras.
- Bexel (Booth #: C6419) – Featuring a live 3ality Digital TS-2 Studio beamsplitter rig fitted with the new Sony HDC-P1 box cameras.
- Vinten, division of the Vitec Group, (Booth #: C6025) – Featuring a 3ality Digital TS-2 mounted on a Vinten fluid head.
- NAGRAVISION Kudelski Group (Booth #: SU4912) - Demonstrating the next generation of its electronic program guide for 3D, developed in conjunction with 3ality Digital and featuring 3ality Digital-produced content..
- EVS (Booth #: C9508) - Content produced with 3ality Digital systems will be used to demonstrate EVS’s S3D instant replay systems.
- 3ality Digital (Booth #: SL4514F in the 3D Pavilion) - A wide range of content produced with 3ality Digital systems will be on display at this booth, as well as other locations at the show. 3ality Digital personnel will also be on hand to answer questions.
- Understanding Stereopsis and 3D Image Capture (April 10, 8:45 a.m., Room S222) - Steve Schklair, CEO 3ality Digital Systems.
- After the Capture: What Other Tools Exist? (April 10, 3:30 p.m., Room S222) – Ray Hannisian, Stereographer, 3ality Digital Systems.
For 3ality Digital’s NAB Show updates, follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/3alityDigital and on Twitter @3alitydigital.
About 3ality Digital
3ality Digital develops enabling technologies to power live-action stereoscopic 3D (S3D) entertainment from image capture through broadcast, independent of viewing environment. 3ality Digital’s camera platforms, stereo image processing systems, and S3D image scaling technologies are quickly earning a reputation as the “gold standard” for the emerging medium, and are rapidly being adopted by broadcasters, production companies, studios and consumer electronics manufacturers. 3ality Digital’s systems are optimized to handle the demands of live S3D broadcast, offering such must-haves as fast setup, perfectly aligned zooms, accurate imagery right from the camera, and automation that reduces the number of required production personnel.
3ality Digital technology has powered a number of live-action firsts, including U2 3D, the first movie shot completely in digital live-action S3D; the first live S3D broadcast of an NFL game (Raiders vs. Chargers, Dec. 4th, 2008); the first live S3D sports broadcasts available to consumers, including the 2009 BCS Championship Game, BSkyB’s landmark Manchester United vs. Arsenal soccer broadcast and the first network hockey telecast ever produced in S3D (New York Rangers vs. Islanders, March 24, 2010, on MSG); the first S3D commercial broadcast on television (Sobe “Lizard Lake,”); and the first episode of a scripted television series shot in digital live-action S3D (Chuck vs. The Third Dimension, aired on NBC on Feb. 2, 2009). For more information, please visit the company’s website at www.3alitydigital.com.
SOURCE 3ality Digital, LLC