KlondikeÂ® Searches America for Best Display of ‘Average-Guy’ Talent
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., June 2 /PRNewswire/ — Whether out of boredom, for pride or party tricks — what guy hasn’t tried to become the best at typically mundane “chores?” Starting today, KlondikeÃ‚® will celebrate “average” dudes across America through the Everyman Challenges video contest at www.KlondikeChallenges.com. And, while KlondikeÃ‚® Original bars are one of Americans’ longtime favorite snacks, this summer-long competition will pit man-versus-man to uncover the not-so-vanilla things guys would do for one of the nine KlondikeÃ‚® bar varieties. The deliciously creamy stickless bars come in nine other flavors, including Caramel Pretzel, HeathÃ‚®, Krunch(TM), Reese’sÃ‚®, Double Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, OREOÃ‚®, Neapolitan and Whitehouse Cherry.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/klondike/44433/
“KlondikeÃ‚® approached me with the ideal summer job… acting as an average dude in a few videos — all while getting my fill of KlondikeÃ‚® bar varieties,” said comedic celebrity Adam Carolla, who has joined the search for average-guy talent by showcasing his own videos and helping to judge submissions. “How could I turn that down? I’m a professional average dude; it’s the part I was born to play.”
Contestants can submit their own video interpretations of the three predetermined Everyman Challenges in staggered phases throughout the summer:
- Pack the Car - Launching June 2, this challenge asks fans to creatively stuff their cars with as many items as possible for a chance to win a brand-new SUV. Fans can submit a video through June 23, with voting ending June 30.
- Grab the Remote – For a chance to win a home entertainment center, fans must showcase a creative way, with household items or telekinetic power, to grab the remote without ever leaving the comfort of their couches. Fans can submit a video July 1 through July 22, with voting ending July 30.
- Ball Toss - Fans must create obstacles for themselves and toss a tiny ball into a liquid-stabilized cup for a chance to win a new game room. Fans can submit a video August 1 through August 21, with voting ending August 29.
“We’ve seen what many Americans would do for the KlondikeÃ‚® Original bar,” said Brian Manning, Vice President of Brand Building for KlondikeÃ‚®. “Now we want to give average guys the chance to take their fanaticism to a whole new level by showing off just how above average they are at everyday tasks.”
After demonstrating these average-guy skills, average guys can test their prowess at three entertaining KlondikeÃ‚® Everyman Challenges online games:
- Pack Master – A cooler, a hockey stick, an enormous stuffed moose head — so many things to pack in your car, so little space. Stuff as many items into your trunk as possible before time runs out.
- Sling Shot Challenge - Your buddies are in desperate need of cold, hard, chocolate-covered ice cream refreshment — but they’re across the yard, with all sorts of villains lurking in between. Use your slingshot to hurl KlondikeÃ‚® bars their way without letting the neighborhood punk, dishonest contractor or mother-in-law get their hands on them.
- Concession Stand Hero - It’s remained one of man’s greatest dilemmas since the days of ancient Rome: How do you get all these snacks get back to your coliseum seats without spilling anything? The latest video game from KlondikeÃ‚® lets you practice for the real thing by bobbing, weaving and dodging your way from concession stand to seat without spillage.
There’s also a cool mobile application for iPhone and Droid users, “KlondikeÃ‚® Unfoiled,” which challenges fans to unwrap a digital KlondikeÃ‚® bar as quickly as possible. You can unscrew a pickle jar, surf 57 channels, and pop open a bra strap in under 30 seconds… But how quickly can you tear the foil off a KlondikeÃ‚® bar to get to the ice-creamy deliciousness inside? Download this free game now and celebrate having thumbs with some high-speed unwrapping. Visit www.EverymanChallenges.com throughout the summer to play each game as it is launched in conjunction with the video contest challenges. At this site, you can also learn more about the video contest and check out information on the nine KlondikeÃ‚® bar varieties.
Contest Abbreviated Rules
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. The KlondikeÃ‚® Everyman Challenges are sponsored by Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 & older. Begins 12:00:01 p.m. EDT on June 1, 2010, and ends 12:00:01 p.m. EDT on August 21, 2010. For Official Rules, visit www.EverymanChallenges.com.
The original KlondikeÃ‚® bar was handmade in the early 1900s by dipping square slices of ice cream into pans of rich, delicious milk chocolate. Until the 1970s, the KlondikeÃ‚® bar was sold only in Pennsylvania and Ohio. In 1978, distribution expanded into Florida, followed by New York and New England. Today, millions of Americans have come to love the KlondikeÃ‚® bar’s delicious variety of frozen novelty products with the distinctive silver wrapper, square shape and famous chocolaty coating. The “What would you do for a Klondike bar?” advertising slogan has become an American icon and commonly referenced in pop culture. KlondikeÃ‚® bars remain top selling novelties in the ice cream category. For more information on KlondikeÃ‚® products and store locators, visit www.EverymanChallenges.com.
About Unilever North America
Unilever works to create a better future every day. We help people feel good, look good and get more out of life with brands and services that are good for them and good for others. Each day, around the world, we serve over two billion consumers. In the United States, Canada and the Greater Caribbean (Trinidad & Tobago, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico) the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Becel, Ben & Jerry’s, Bertolli, Blue Band, Breyers, Caress, Country
Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Hellmann’s, Klondike, Knorr, Lipton, Omo, Popsicle, Promise, Q-Tips, Skippy, Slim-Fast, Suave, Sunsilk and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies. Dedicated to serving consumers and the communities where we live, work and play, Unilever employs more than 13,000 people across North America — generating nearly $10 billion in sales in 2009. For more information, visit www.unileverusa.com, www.unilever.ca or www.unilevercaribbean.com.
Media Contacts: Lindsey Auslander GolinHarris 312.729.4366 email@example.com Rachel Hudesman Unilever North America 201.894.7960 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Unilever Klondike