realbuzz.com Guide to the Top 10 Sporting Holidays
holiday may seem quite the opposite of a relaxing break, but getting away
from the daily grind and doing some energetic and revitalising exercise can
be the perfect re-charge. It’s all about using your free time away to allow
you to indulge in the things you can’t always fit into your normal routine.
So, have look at realbuzz.com’s 10 ideas for the perfect active holiday, each
one guaranteed to give you your fitness fill!
1. Windsurfing & Sailing: Windsurfing is usually the more challenging of
the two because you are always standing up and heaving on the rig;
coordination and strength are the primary benefits – the more wind the
better. Combining with the beach aspect of a holiday means you can’t lose!
2. Skiing & Snowboarding: As well as being great fun, a holiday on the
piste can be tailored to a wide range of fitness levels and brings CV,
strength and coordination benefits. A week on the slopes will really tone the
legs and bum.
3. Walking & Trekking: You can head to some of the most beautiful places
in the world and combine a sightseeing holiday with a great CV strength and
full-body workout by walking or trekking seriously. Include a fully loaded
backpack and you are going to be doing a serious daily workout!
4. Cycling: Like walking, cycling can take you to some amazing places.
It’s a great fun holiday and good for the whole family. Perfect to boost your
CV fitness and build leg strength of course.
5. Relaxing at the beach: Yes – believe it or not, if you are a regular
fitness fanatic then a week relaxing allows your body to recover from the
cumulative effect of exercise. A week on the beach will allow you to bounce
back to it when you head home!
6. Surfing & Bodyboarding: A fantastic way to keep fit whilst being in
the sea and the sun. Both these sports need a good all-round level of fitness
and help with CV fitness, strength and coordination.
7. Golfing: A very popular holiday activity and ensuring that you are
doing the full 18 holes will maximise the impact a round can have on your
fitness levels. Some courses are more demanding than others, but a good
golfing break is guaranteed to maximise your CV fitness.
8. Scuba Diving: A diving holiday is a fantastic way to explore a
generally unseen underwater world and is an activity which requires a useful
blend of CV fitness, strength, coordination and flexibility.
9. Horse Riding: Equestrian sports like horse riding don’t necessarily
seem like they are good for fitness, but after a week’s horse riding there
will be muscles aching that you never thought existed.
10. Sport Specific – Nowadays you can choose running camps, triathlon
camps and many other sporting disciplines. All are tailor-made to be a
specialised holiday, focused on improving your ability in chosen sports – the
perfect way to complement your lifestyle.
By going on a holiday and enjoying one of these activities you can
guarantee you’ll come back refreshed, with more energy and improved health
and fitness levels. realbuzz.com has hundreds of ideas and a wealth of advice
how to combine a healthy, active lifestyle with active travel, visit
http://www.realbuzz.com/activetravel for more information, or contact