Gaiam to Release Shark Week Jaws of Steel Collection on DVD and Blu-ray This July
NEW YORK, June 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Gaiam, Inc., a leading producer of lifestyle media, announced today the release of the most anticipated hit title of the year – Discovery Channel’s Shark Week: Jaws of Steel Collection. Available on DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc, this special compilation of never-before-released programs premiered on Discovery as a part of the highly anticipated and highly rated Shark Week event, which has been captivating fans for more than 20 years.
Shark Week: Jaws of Steel Collection - Unravel the secrets of the ocean’s most fascinating predators in these hit new Discovery Channel specials:
- Great White Appetite: One of the most feared predators on earth, the great white shark seems to be the perfect hunter. But, there is still so little known about this creature. Former Marine Charles Ingram travels the globe, testing and learning the limits of these sharks.
- Deadly Waters: Survivorman’s Les Stroud ventures to five of the most notorious shark-infested waters in the world to find out which is the most dangerous.
- Sharkbite Summer: The bite-by-bite account of America’s notorious “Summer of the Shark.” Were the ocean’s apex predators really taking back America’s shores?
- Day of the Shark II: What puts a shark into attack mode at certain times of the day? This harrowing hour uncovers the science behind shark attacks.
- Blood in the Water: The true story behind the bloody shark attacks of 1916 that inspired the movie “Jaws.”
- Shark After Dark: A team of divers descends into the dangerous after-dark hunting ground of sharks.
This set also includes exclusive, previously unreleased bonus episodes for all shark lovers:
- Shark Under Glass: Explore the latest shark programs at aquariums across the country. From the Shark Bay exhibit in Tampa, Florida, to the great white shark exhibit at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, research is yielding exciting information about these fearsome predators. A Shark Week classic!
- Cash Cab – Shark Week Edition: Unsuspecting New York City taxi passengers hail a cab and find themselves on a TV game show. In this Shark Week edition, contestants can win cash by correctly answering questions about sharks. Get three questions wrong, and they’re out on the street.
Shark Week: Jaws of Steel Collection carries an SRP of $19.98 on DVD, $24.98 for Blu-ray, with a total runtime of 366 minutes. Street date: July 13, 2010.
This new release will be available wherever DVDs are sold, including online at Amazon.com and DiscoveryStore.com.
Gaiam, Inc. (Nasdaq: GAIA) is a leading producer and marketer of lifestyle media and fitness accessories, with a 70,000 door retail distribution network, over 11,000 store within stores, a digital distribution platform and more than 8 million direct customers. With dominant share of the fitness and wellness market, Gaiam is dedicated to providing solutions for the many facets of healthy, eco-conscious living. The company’s commitment to quality, coupled with a forward-thinking approach to merchandising and distribution, has allowed it to dominate the health and wellness category with celebrity talent Marisa Tomei, Valerie Bertinelli and Trudie Styler and fitness sensations Bob Greene, Rodney Yee, Mari Winsor and The Firm. In addition, the company releases non-theatrical programming focused on family entertainment under its exclusive licensing agreement with Discovery Communications and other licensing partners. For more information about Gaiam, please visit www.gaiam.com or call 1.800.869.3603.
About Discovery Communications
Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world’s number one nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in over 170 countries. Discovery empowers people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity through 100-plus worldwide networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science Channel, Planet Green, Investigation Discovery and HD Theater, as well as leading consumer and educational products and services, and a diversified portfolio of digital media services including HowStuffWorks.com. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.
Contact: Parsa Khan email@example.com 212.886.6708
SOURCE Gaiam, Inc.