Vimeo Announces More Judges for Vimeo Festival + Awards; Two Days Left to Submit Your Video to Win $25,000 Grant
NEW YORK, July 29 /PRNewswire/ — With only two days left to enter, The Vimeo Festival + Awards, www.vimeoawards.com, adds another round to its already impressive roster of judges, including:
- Lawrence Lessig: is the Director of the Edmond J. Safra Foundation Center for Ethics at Harvard University, and a Professor of Law at Harvard Law School. He is the author of Remix (2008), Code v2 (2007), Free Culture (2004), The Future of Ideas (2001) and Code and Other Laws of Cyberspace (1999). He has served as lead counsel in a number of important cases marking the boundaries of copyright law in a digital age, including Eldred v. Ashcroft, a challenge to the 1998 Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act. Mr. Lessig will judge the Remix category.
- M.I.A.: is a Sri Lankan/British songwriter, record producer, singer, rapper, fashion designer, visual artist, and political activist. Her growth in popularity originated in 2004 through internet file-sharing of her singles “Galang” and “Sunshowers.” She has been nominated for two Grammy Awards and an Academy Award. In 2009, Time magazine placed M.I.A. in the Time 100 list of “World’s Most Influential People” for having “global influence across many genres.” M.I.A. will judge the Music Video category.
- Paola Antonelli: is Senior Curator in the Department of Architecture and Design of The Museum of Modern Art, where she has worked since 1994. She has lectured worldwide in settings ranging from peer conferences to global interdisciplinary gatherings such as the World Economic Forum in Davos, and she has served on several international architecture and design juries. Antonelli was rated as one of the top one hundred most powerful people in the world of art by ArtReview and in 2007 she was named one of the 25 most incisive design visionaries by Time magazine. Antonelli will judge the Captured category.
- Rian Johnson: is a writer and director, who won the Special Jury Prize for Originality of Vision at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival with his debut feature, Brick. He directed The Brothers Bloom and an episode of Breaking Bad. Johnson will be judging the Narrative category.
- Ted Hope: has produced such films as 21 Grams, American Splendor, Happiness, and In The Bedroom. He is the co-founder of This is that & Good Machine, and has produced over sixty films, including three Sundance Grand Prize winners and the first features of Alan Ball, Michel Gondry, Hal Hartley, Nicole Holofcener, and Ang Lee. He blogs at HopeForFilm.com and co-founded the Indie Film review site HammerToNail.com. Ted is currently in post-production on Super, written and directed by James Gunn, and starring Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page, Liv Tyler and Kevin Bacon; he is in pre-production on Dark Horse, written and to be directed by Todd Solondz this fall. Hope will judge the Narrative category.
With only two days left to enter (Deadline July 31), the complete jury of high-profile experts and luminaries is gearing up to judge, honor and award the best creative and original online videos and the masterminds behind them. Entrants can submit any original work as long as it has premiered online between June 3, 2008 and July 30, 2010 or has never been premiered anywhere in one of the following categories: Narrative; Documentary; Animation; Experimental; Music Video; Motion Graphics; Remix; Captured; Original Series; and the best overall from all categories, the Vimeo Award. The winner of the Vimeo Award receives a $25,000 grant to produce new work.
The submission fee is $20 U.S. ($5 for Vimeo Plus members). A full list of judges, submission criteria and entry forms are available at www.vimeoawards.com.
About Vimeo, LLC
Leading high quality video sharing site VimeoÂ® is a vibrant, respectful community of people who love to take video. The site features beautifully produced video from its many talented video creators. Launched in 2004 and headquartered in New York, NY, Vimeo offers users a video sharing experience that is both entertaining and easy to use. Vimeo was listed as a Time Magazine Top 50 Website in 2009. Vimeo, LLC is a subsidiary of IAC (Nasdaq: IACI).
SOURCE Vimeo, LLC