Ernst & Young’s Global Media & Entertainment Center Begins Tabulation of 62nd Primetime EmmyÂ® Awards Results as Ballot Deadline Passes
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 17 /PRNewswire/ — Thousands of EmmyÂ® Awards ballots sent to voting members of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences are due today at the Los Angeles offices of Ernst & Young LLP. Ernst & Young will tabulate the ballots to determine the winners of the 62nd Primetime EmmyÂ® Awards, which will be telecast live on NBC on Sunday, August 29, 2010, 5:00 p.m. PDT/8:00 p.m. EDT from the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles, California.
For the past 22 years, Primetime EmmyÂ® Award winners have remained television’s best-kept secret thanks to the efforts of Ernst & Young LLP, part of the global Ernst & Young organization that is a leader in assurance, tax, transaction, advisory services and strategic growth markets.
“Once again, Ernst & Young will be responsible for the integrity of the EmmyÂ® Awards tabulation process and the accuracy of the results,” said Andy Sale, Ernst & Young LLP, lead partner for the 2010 EmmyÂ® Awards engagement. “We are proud of our legacy of service to the Television Academy, which reflects our leadership role in the media and entertainment industry.”
Fast facts about the EmmyÂ® Awards voting, balloting and tabulation process:
- Multiple sets of sealed envelopes containing the names of the winners are transported in separate cars which take different routes to the theater.
- The envelopes never leave the possession of Ernst & Young until they are handed to the presenters just before they walk on stage.
- There has not been a security breach in the 22 years Ernst & Young has been tabulating the votes for the Television Academy.
- Only two Ernst & Young LLP partners have managed the awards process in the firm’s 22-year history with the Television Academy.
- Ernst & Young controls the balloting process, beginning with the nomination ballots, and maintains control of ballots throughout the process.
- No one outside of Ernst & Young knows the winners before the show.
- Nominees and winners are triple checked.
- It takes more than 2,000 hours to tabulate the ballots and determine the winners.
- More than 14,000 ballots are mailed to active members of the Television Academy for their participation in the voting process.
“Ernst & Young has been an integral part of the Primetime EmmyÂ® Awards for almost a quarter of a century,” said John Nendick, Ernst & Young LLP, Global Media and Entertainment Leader. “Our longstanding relationship with the Television Academy underscores our reputation for quality, trust and an ability to provide insight and perspective for Hollywood-based media and entertainment companies that helps them drive their businesses forward.”
About Ernst & Young’s Global Media & Entertainment Center
Whether it’s the traditional press and broadcast media, or the multitude of digital media, audiences now have more choice than ever before. For media and entertainment companies, integration and adaptability are becoming critical success factors. Ernst & Young’s Global Media & Entertainment Center brings together a worldwide team of professionals to help our clients achieve their potential — a team with deep technical experience in providing assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The Center works to anticipate market trends, identify the implications and develop points of view on relevant industry issues. Ultimately it enables us to help our clients meet their goals and compete more effectively. It’s how Ernst & Young makes a difference.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 144,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
For more information, please visit www.ey.com
Ernst & Young refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limed, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Ernst & Young LLP is a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited serving clients in the U.S.
SOURCE Ernst & Young