Copeland’s Scores Five Year Partnership With Super Bowl Champions New Orleans Saints
NEW ORLEANS, Sept. 9 /PRNewswire/ — A pair of New Orleans icons joined together today in announcing a multi-year deal that brings together two of the city’s top attractions – NFL football and the culinary flair that you will only find in the Big Easy. Signing a five-year partnership agreement that will carry through 2014, the Super Bowl Champions New Orleans Saints and Copeland’s family of restaurants will together bring fans an incomparable entertainment experience at the Superdome. The agreement follows a one-year partnership that had been signed in 2009.
“Last year, the Saints reached the pinnacle and proved to the world that New Orleans is home to a championship-caliber football team. Similarly, every day at our restaurants, our team strives to be the absolute best when it comes to service, hospitality and food preparation. This partnership solidifies a relationship between two brands that pride themselves on being at the top of the game,” said Al Copeland, Jr., Chairman of the Board of Al Copeland Investments.
Added Copeland, “Growing up a Saints fan, this partnership holds special meaning to me as well as to the Copeland’s family. We are so pleased and honored to have an opportunity to grow this relationship, furthering our commitment to both our local community in New Orleans as well as our fellow Saints fans.”
The multi-layered partnership agreement between Copeland’s of New Orleans and the New Orleans Saints includes:
- Superdome Club Lounges - All four of the Superdome’s club lounges, including the company’s “Club Copeland’s,” will serve mouthwatering selections from Copeland’s restaurants including new options from the newly launched Big Easy BBQ menu and Copeland’s Kids Menu.
- Al Copeland Foundation – The Saints have agreed to support Copeland’s ongoing commitment to cancer research through an annual donation to the Al Copeland Foundation.
- Junior Tee Retriever - Copeland’s will provide young Saints fans the opportunity to serve as the Copeland’s Junior Tee Retriever at each home game. Parents can register their children at Copeland’s family of restaurants – including Copeland’s Cheesecake Bistro locations – for a chance to retrieve the kicker’s tee after every Saints team kickoff.
- Copeland’s Saints Kids Club - Beginning in August, young Saints fans have the opportunity to register and become a member of the Copeland’s Saints Kids Club. To register call (504) 729-5567 or sign up at any remaining Saints home game at the Saints Experience. Membership includes a Saints Kids Club package with a stamp card. Once filled with five stamps, the stamp card serves as enrollment for the child to participate in the Lance Moore football camp.
- Copeland’s Interactive Boat Races – At a designated time out of each game, all three Copeland family boats – Copeland’s of New Orleans boat, Copeland’s Cheesecake Bistro boat and Copeland’s Phenomenon boat – will race. The winning boat will reward an entire stadium section of fans with a free appetizer at either of Copeland’s brands.
“Copeland’s is pure New Orleans and a brand that brings out the best that our city has to offer. This is truly an all star partnership that brings together two true New Orleans legends,” said Lenny Martinsen, Executive Chef of the New Orleans Superdome and Centerplate. “When it comes to local culinary fare, no one sets the bar higher than Copeland’s. Every item on the Copeland’s menu is prepared with the utmost precision and care, ensuring that our Saints fans and Superdome visitors will taste authentic and flavorful dishes that are guaranteed to please their palettes.”
Along with the Saints, Copeland’s has made a commitment to young Saints fans by launching a new kids menu at Copeland’s of New Orleans restaurants. The delectable new menu features such flavorful options such as pulled pork sliders, meatballs and spaghetti and a homemade waffle cone sundae.
For more information on Al Copeland Investments, please visit www.alcopeland.com.
About Al Copeland Investments (ACI)
Founded by legendary restaurateur Al Copeland, Al Copeland Investments (ACI) is one of the premium names in the hospitality industry owning a number of leading food, restaurant and entertainment enterprises. The ACI family of companies includes 30 restaurants, hotels and comedy clubs throughout the United States, including Copeland’s Diversified Food and Seasonings, Copeland’s of New Orleans, Copeland’s Cheesecake Bistro, Copeland’s Social City, and Improv Comedy Club & Dinner Theater, among others. An icon in Southern cuisine and the founder of Popeye’s Famous Fried Chicken & Biscuits Restaurants, Al Copeland’s memory lives on through the Al Copeland Foundation for cancer research which is dedicated to the eradication of Merkel Cell Carcinoma, the disease that took Copeland’s life. For more information on ACI and the Al Copeland Foundation for cancer research visit www.alcopeland.com and www.alcopelandfoundation.org.
SOURCE Al Copeland Investments