Smashing Ideas Announces First Enhanced eBook Title Now Available
SEATTLE, Oct. 5 /PRNewswire/ — Smashing Ideas (www.smashingideas.com), the leading digital media agency providing immersive and interactive entertainment for the youth market, today announced The War of the Worlds for iPad is now available in the iTunes store (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-war-of-the-worlds-for-ipad/id394767503?mt=8#). The enhanced eBook, based on H.G. Wells classic Man vs. Martian tale, is available for the introductory price of $3.99. The War of the Worlds for iPad is the first release from the newly formed ePublishing division at Smashing Ideas.
“The War of the Worlds for iPad by Smashing Ideas is a stunning rendering of a novel that has been in continuous publication for more than one hundred years. We are excited to unveil this classic Sci-Fi tale as our first original eBook,” said Ben Roberts, director of ePublishing for Smashing Ideas. “Adding modern, digital elements like real-time physics accompanied by our own illustrations really enhances the reading experience.”
- 27 interactive, visually compelling pages integrated with text from the original 1898 publication
- Design, illustrations and audio all created in-house by Smashing Ideas
- Real-time physics send coins sliding, plates flying and the Red Weeds swaying as the user tilts and swipes their iPad
- Intuitive design allows readers to touch-swipe the Martians Cylinders towards Earth and begin the invasion
- Touch interactive elements throughout the story that allow reader to act as Martian or Human
To view a clip of visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjLWdprTOG4. To purchase visit Apple’s iTunes store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-war-of-the-worlds-for-ipad/id394767503?mt=8#.
In September, the company announced a partnership with Random House to develop book-based children’s Apps for mobile devices.
About Smashing Ideas
Smashing Ideas, founded in 1996, has become one of the leading digital media agencies for the youth market by creating immersive, interactive content that transforms consumer-driven brand experiences in a digital world. Cartoon Network, Disney, GE, Hasbro, Nickelodeon, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Verizon Wireless and more have called upon the Company to develop engaging, online, ITV and mobile experiences for their audiences. Smashing Ideas is based in Seattle, with offices in Portland and in the UK.
SOURCE Smashing Ideas