Mobile Marketing Association Names 2011 North American Board of Directors
NEW YORK, Oct. 26 /PRNewswire/ — The MMA (Mobile Marketing Association) (www.mmaglobal.com) today announced its 2011 North American Board of Directors, which will provide leadership and strategic guidance for the association, support of its members and sustainable growth of the mobile marketing industry. Key focus areas for the 2011 North American Board will be to accelerate the growth of mobile marketing and advertising, oversee the release of next generation advertising and mobile marketing standards and best practices, streamline and foster the burgeoning mobile marketing marketplace across all market sectors, collaboratively support industry self-regulation and consumer protection efforts, and oversee the production of enhanced industry measurement, metrics, and educational programs and solutions.
“As an organization, we are extremely fortunate to name some of the industry’s brightest and most experienced leaders from across the entire mobile marketing ecosystem to our board to help guide our efforts and ongoing initiatives,” said Greg Stuart, Global CEO of the MMA. “Mobile marketing continues to mature, bringing tremendous opportunities to our members, and this team of exceptional leaders will continue to champion our Consumer Best Practices and Global Mobile Advertising Guidelines to the industry at-large.”
The Board of Directors for North America includes the following elected members:
- John Styers, VP, Corporate Strategy & Industry Relations, 3C Interactive
- Louis Gump, Vice President, Mobile, CNN
- Kristy Young, Director, Product Management, ESPN
- Joy Liuzzo, Senior Director, Mobile Research, InsightExpress
- Paul Palmieri, President & CEO, Millennial Media
- Diane Strahan, Vice President, Mobile & Registry Services, Neustar
- Cameron Clayton, Senior Vice President, Mobile, The Weather Channel Interactive
- Tom Daly, Director, Mobile, Global Interactive Marketing, The Coca-Cola Company
- Jack Philbin, Co-Founder & President, Vibes Media
- David Katz, Vice President, North America Mobile, Yahoo!
The elected directors join emeritus, honorary and sustaining directors in North America:
- Lisa Ciangiulli, Director of Marketing Advertising Solutions, Alcatel-Lucent
- Greg McCastle, SVP Advanced Ad Solutions, AT&T Advanced Ad Solutions
- Maria Mandel, Vice President Marketing & Media Innovation, AT&T Advanced Ad Solutions (Chair Emeritus)
- Mario Ribera, Director, US Product Management, Microsoft Corporation
- Cindy Sullivan, Product & Project Management, Sprint
- Venetia Espinoza, Group Manager, Mobile Application and Partner Program, T-Mobile
- Stephanie Bauer Marshall, Mobile Advertising, Verizon Wireless
“We have seen strong growth in our membership in North America that reflects the revenue potential for mobile marketing in the region, and our Board of Directors will play a significant role in even further expanding our industry ‘footprint’ and increasing member and industry value,” said Michael Becker, North America Managing Director of the MMA. “The MMA extends its gratitude to the 2010 Board Members who have contributed their strategic guidance this past year and congratulate the incoming 2011 Board Members.”
The MMA’s next North American event for mobile marketing, the Mobile Marketing Forum, Los Angeles, will be held November 17, with eight pre-conference workshops on Nov. 16th, at The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, Calif. For more information, please visit www.mobilemarketingforum.com.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association representing all players in the mobile marketing value chain. With more than 700 member companies, the MMA is an actionoriented organization with global focus, regional actions and local relevance. The MMA’s primary focus is to establish mobile as an indispensable part of the marketing mix. The MMA works to promote, educate, measure, guide and protect the mobile marketing industry worldwide. The MMA’s global headquarters is located in the United States, and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Latin America (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Valerie Christopherson Global Results Comm. (GRC) P:+1 949 608 0276 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Mobile Marketing Association