Sony Reader Daily Edition Now Available in Stores and Online at SonyStyle.com
SAN DIEGO, Nov. 8, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — Rounding out availability for its beautifully-designed new line of Reader(TM) digital books, Sony today announced that the wireless Reader Daily Edition(TM) is now available in select retail outlets and online at SonyStyle.com. The new Reader Daily Edition, equipped with Wi-FiÃ‚® in addition to AT&T’s 3G network, will provide book lovers the ability to browse, purchase and download books as well as select newspapers and magazines on the go. Like the new Reader Pocket Edition(TM) and Reader Touch Edition(TM), the Reader Daily Edition is also outfitted with first-to-market optical touch screen technology, which enhances ease of use and increases reading clarity on its seven-inch, full touch screen.
The Reader Daily Edition gives consumers wireless access to Sony’s Reader(TM) Store from most of the U.S. via Wi-Fi or 3G, powered by Gobi(TM) Technology by Qualcomm. It also provides basic Web browsing functionality via Wi-Fi and pre-loaded, reading-based URLs, including: Google.com, Wikipedia.org, Twitter.com, Facebook.com, cnbc.com and cnet.com. There are no monthly fees or transaction charges for the basic wireless connectivity and users still have the option to side load personal documents or content from other compatible sites via USB.
New features on the Daily Edition include intuitive content zoom, adjustable contrast and brightness control, as well as automatic multiple page creation to make documents designed for a standard sheet of paper easier to read. Also, personalized standby screen options give users the ability to download their favorite photos or other images as a screen saver. The collections functionality allows users to group their favorite reads by author, category or other criteria. In addition, the new Reader line offers users on-screen functionality to look up words and phrases with the built-in New Oxford American Dictionary, Second Edition and Oxford Dictionary of English eDictionaries, as well as 10 translation dictionaries in languages such as French, German, Spanish, Italian and Dutch. Just double tap any word to get the dictionary definition or translation and with one more tap, learn more about the word through Wikipedia. The Reader Daily Edition includes 2 GB of memory and expansion slots for additional memory (up to 32 GB). It is available in silver and currently retails for about $299.
- Sony’s new, seven-inch, full touch screen Reader Daily Edition is now on sale at SonyStyle.com and select retail outlets
- The Reader Daily Edition provides wireless access to the Reader Store from most of the U.S. through 3G and Wi-Fi
- It will also provide basic Web browsing functionality via Wi-Fi on a variety of Websites and pre-loaded, reading-based URLs, including: Google.com, Wikipedia.org, Twitter.com, Facebook.com, cnbc.com and cnet.com
- New features on the Daily Edition include first-to-market optical touch screen technology, personalized standby screen options, intuitive content zoom, adjustable contrast and brightness control, as well as automatic multiple page creation
- The Reader Daily Edition includes 2 GB of memory and expansion slots for additional memory (up to 32 GB)
- It is available in silver and retails currently for about $299
- Shop at SonyStyle: www.sonystyle.com
- Sony Reader site: www.sony.com/reader
- Get your books and periodicals on the go! New Sony Reader Daily Edition now in stores!
SOURCE Sony Electronics