Wilhelmina Talent Continues Their Global Winning Streak With International Success
NEW YORK, Dec. 20, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — Wilhelmina International Inc.’s talent has been busy as ever this fall, as they’ve continued to gain momentum and attention worldwide. The Artist, Fitness, Women’s, S Women, and Curves divisions have been turning heads with their continued success and multiple media placements.
Whether it’s in the pages of Elle magazine or on stage at the American Music Awards, the elite members of Wilhelmina’s Artists’ division are leading figures in all entertainment arenas. Wilhelmina’s very own “Dutchess,” Fergie, was named “Woman of the Year” by not one, but two of the world’s most notable magazines, Billboard and Glamour, each commending her for her remarkable contributions to the music and entertainment industry. In addition, Fergie received a 2010 American Music Award for “Best Pop/Rock Group or Duo” with the Black Eyed Peas with whom she released another album called, “The Beginning” on November 26th. She was also recently anointed the newest spokesperson for Avon hair products.
Another musical sensation from Wilhelmina’s roster, Nicole Scherzinger, released a new solo single, “Poison,” and was featured on Enrique Iglesias’ new single, “Heartbeat.” She is currently a judge on NBC’s hit reality competition series, “The Sing Off” and will be shooting a cameo for the hotly anticipated “Men in Black 3″ with Will Smith.
In more music news, Cyndi Lauper is currently touring Europe to promote her latest album, “Memphis Blues,” which reached #1 on Billboard’s blue’s chart and has been nominated for a Grammy for “Best Traditional Blues Album.” In addition, Natasha Bedingfield released a new album called “Strip Me” on December 9th. Enrique Iglesias, whose latest album, “Euphoria” reached #1 on the Billboard Latin chart, performed at both the Latin Grammy’s and the American Music Awards.
High profile New York socialite and one of People magazine’s Best Dressed for 2010, Olivia Palermo, graced the covers of Russia’s Tatler magazine in October and the November 19th edition of London’s Evening Standard. She has also been photographed for German Elle, Japan Elle, and Crash magazines and is currently featured in the Fall/Winter 2010-2011 Mango catalog and Hogan campaign. In addition, Olivia received Spain’s Conde Nast Top Glamour Award for “Fashion Muse of the Year.”
Over in the fitness division, Wilhelmina proudly hosted their second annual Wilhelmina Hot Body Model Search along with leading fitness magazines, Shape and Men’s Fitness, garnering 3,000 entrants nationwide. The finals will be held February 20-24th in NYC, where one man and one woman will be chosen as the epitome of beauty, health and fitness. But Wilhelmina isn’t stopping there! The agency continues to redefine the definition of “model” by exploring all types of diverse beauties. Coming this February is the launch of Wilhelmina’s 40+ Models search presented by MiraclesuitÃ‚® because there is no age limit on being fit and beautiful.
Wilhelmina has really outdone itself this time, with its lovely ladies appearing in three international Vogue editions this fall. Melodie Monrose and Alexandra Richards were each shot for Italian Vogue, in addition to Alexandra being shot for its Japanese counterpart. Melodie and Alexandra weren’t the only belle signore this season, with Keke Lindgard being shot for Italian Marie Claire. Additionally, Melodie was seen looking beautiful as ever in the pages of Interview and V magazines, while Alexandra Richards was photographed for French publications L’officiel and Jalouse. Xiao has also become quite the world traveler these past few months after shooting with the infamous fashion photographer Steven Meisel, gracing the cover of French Magazine, and appearing in Chinese Harper’s Bazaar, V magazine and L’officiel.
Things have been far from dull back here in the states, with the gorgeous Keke appearing in both Allure and Nylon magazines, in addition to striking a pose for DKNY and D&G ad campaigns. Hanna was shot for V magazine, Pop, and Dazed and Confused, and dazzled critics and audiences alike with an exclusive in the Calvin Klein September runway show. Recent Wilhelmina newcomer Chloe was shot for both Love magazine and a Marc Jacobs ad campaign, while fellow recruit Lydia Hearst was shot for Elle, Oyster and Swarovski. Theodora Richards burned up the pages of Elle, in addition to shooting for both Lacoste and Hogan.
In other women’s news, jack-of-all-trades and member of Wilhelmina’s S Women’s division, Carol Alt, was featured in V magazine’s November age issue and famous face. Lizzie Miller of the Curves division has been contracted to online mall OneStopPlus.com. Camilla Hansen, also of the Curves division, was beautifully shot for a Fiorella ad campaign.
The Men’s division had a record breaking fall, securing placements in coveted campaigns for elite fashion houses. A hot trifecta of Wilhelmina’s top faces including Noah Mills, Adam Senn and Travis Bland, landed the much desired Dolce and Gabbana campaign shot by photographer Steven Klein. Wilhelmina talent David Smith was recently photographed by famed photographer Mikael Jansson for the notorious Calvin Klein White campaign. Jansson also shot Wilhelmina models Oriol Elcacho for the latest Ermenegildo Zegna campaign and Clement Chabernaud for Salvatore Ferragamo. In addition, Chabernaud can also be seen in ads for Prada and with fellow Wilhelmina model Ben Hill for H&M. Lastly, Hill will also be featured in Kenneth Cole’s new ads shot by photographer Sean Ellis.
- Honored with Billboard magazine’s “2010 Woman of the Year” award
- Received Glamour magazine “2010 Woman of the Year” award
- New spokeswoman for Avon Hair
- Received 2010 American Music Award for “Best Pop/Rock Group or Duo” with the Black Eyed Peas
- New album with the Black Eyed Peas “The Beginning” released on November 26
- Nicole Scherzinger:
- Is featured with Enrique Iglesias’ on his single ,”Heartbeat”
- Recently released solo single “Poison”
- Currently starring as a judge on NBC’s show “The Sing Off”
- Will be shooting cameo for “Men in Black 3″ with Will Smith
- Enrique Iglesias:
- Recently performed at Latin Grammy’s and the American Music Awards
- Latest album, “Euphoria,” reached #1 on the Billboard Latin Chart
- Natasha Bedingfield:
- Released a new album called “Strip Me” released on December 9th
- Cyndi Lauper:
- Is currently on tour in Europe
- Latest album, “Memphis Blues” reached #1 on Billboard Blue’s Chart and is nominated for a Grammy for “Best Traditional Blues Album”
- Olivia Palermo
- Featured on the cover of Tatler (October 2010)
- Featured on the cover of the London Evening Standard (November 19)
- Shot for Crash magazine, German Elle, Japan Elle
- Named one of People magazine’s Best Dressed for 2010
- Featured in Mango’s FW 2010-2011 catalog
- Featured in Hogan’s FW 2010-2011 campaign
- Received the 2010 Conde Nast Spain’s Top Glamour Award for “Fashion Muse of the Year”
- Launching the Wilhelmina 40+ Models search presented by Miraclesuit – February 2011.
- Hot Body Model search – 3,000 entrants – finals will be February 20-24th in NYC (the week after fashion week)
- Melodie shot Italian Vogue, Interview, V magazine, and had an amazing show season.
- Keke shot DKNY, D & G, Allure, Italian Marie Claire, press piece in Nylon
- Xiao shot with Steven Meisel, Chinese Harper’s Bazaar, French Magazine cover, V magazine, L’officiel.
- Hanna shot V magazine, Pop, Dazed and Confused, and secured Calvin Klein exclusive for September show.
- Chloe shot Love magazine and Marc Jacobs campaign.
- Lydia Hearst shot for Elle, Oyster and Swarovski.
- Alexandra Richards shot L’officiel, Italian Vogue, Japanese Vogue, Jalouse.
- Theodora Richards shot Elle, Lacoste, and Hogan.
- Carol Alt in V Magazine age issue/November 2010
- Lizzie Miller contracted to One Stop Plus
- Camilla Hansen shot Fiorella campaign
- Noah Mills was shot by photographer Steven Klein for Dolce & Gabbana
- Adam Senn was shot by photographer Steven Klein for Dolce & Gabbana
- Travis Bland was shot by photographer Steven Klein for Dolce & Gabbana
- David Smith was shot by photographer Mikael Jansson for the Calvin Klein (White) campaign
- Oriol Elcacho was shot by photographer Mikael Jansson for the latest Ermenegildo Zegna campaign
- Clement Chabernaud will be featured in ads for H&M, Prada (shot by photographer Will Vanderperre) and Salvatore Ferragamo (shot by photographer Mikael Jansson)
- Ben Hill will be featured in ads for H&M ads and was shot by photographer Sean Ellis for Kenneth Cole
About Wilhelmina International, Inc. and Wilhelmina Artist Management
Through Wilhelmina Models and its other subsidiaries including Wilhelmina Artist Management, Wilhelmina International, Inc. provides traditional, full-service fashion model and talent management services, specializing in the representation and management of leading models, entertainers, artists, athletes and other talent to various customers and clients including retailers, designers, advertising agencies and catalog companies. Wilhelmina Models was founded in 1967 by Wilhelmina Cooper, a renowned fashion model, and is one of the oldest and largest fashion model management companies in the world. Wilhelmina Models is headquartered in New York and, since its founding, has grown to include operations located in Los Angeles and Miami, as well as a growing network of licensees comprising leading modeling agencies in various local markets across the U.S (www.wilhelmina.com) (OTC Bulletin Board: WHLM).
CONTACT: John Murray, 214-661-7480, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Wilhelmina International, Inc.