Year-round Activities Abound in Lake Tahoe
TRUCKEE, Calif., Jan. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Nestled in the heart of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, The Ritz-Carlton welcomes guests to experience the luxury of its North Lake Tahoe hotel – and discover all this four-season destination has to offer.
Located mid-mountain at the Northstar-at-Tahoe ski resort, this distinctive mountain retreat boasts sweeping views, impeccable service and convenient access to a vast array of amenities and activities guests can enjoy both seasonally – and throughout the year. Just a few of the experiences favored by this North Lake Tahoe hotel’s guests include:
- Highlands Spa. This 17,000-square-foot, on-site destination spa features treatments and therapies themed around water and the woods, as well as a fitness center, dry-heat lodges and a heated co-ed Spa lap pool overlooking the slopes.
- Golf. The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe hotel provides guests with preferred access to Old Greenwood Golf Course and is just minutes from The Golf Club at Gray’s Crossing.
- Skiing. This North Lake Tahoe hotel’s accommodations provide guests with ski-in, ski-out access to the Northstar-at-Tahoe ski area, and are conveniently located just a short drive from Squaw Valley USA, Heavenly Mountain Resort, Sugar Bowl Ski Resort and Kirkwood Mountain Resort.
- Hiking & Biking. The Tompkins Memorial Trail runs through the resort and connects to trails that travel through the Martis Valley. In addition, Northstar-at-Tahoe offers beginner and advanced cross-country and downhill mountain biking trails, lift-access, bike rentals and bike shop services.
- Boating. Located just a short drive from the shores of Lake Tahoe, guests at The Ritz-Carlton can spend summer afternoons boating, fishing and enjoying the crystal-clear waters of the largest alpine lake in North America.
- Dog Sledding. Winter brings the perfect opportunity to experience the thrill of the Iditarod, with dog sledding tours that will take guests through up to 20 miles of stunning mountain terrain.
For additional details about the seasonal and year-round adventures available at this North Lake Tahoe hotel – or to book a vacation package featuring many of the activities profiled, please visit http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/LakeTahoe/Information/Default.htm.
SOURCE The Ritz-Carlton Hotels