Wilson Golf Announces Double Digit 2010 Sales Result and Overall Business Resurgence
ORLANDO, Fla., Jan. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Wilson Golf, the Chicago-based company with more Major victories (61) than any other golf club manufacturer, today announced strong 2010 sales results during a press conference at the 2011 PGA Merchandise Show. Wilson Golf has experienced a tremendous sales turnaround in 2010, posting a 10 percent increase in sales worldwide over 2009 and a 23 percent increase in the U.S. alone.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/wilson/48191/
“Wilson is on an unprecedented path of resurgence,” said Tim Clarke, general manager of Wilson Golf. “With our award-winning premium product innovations, major additions to the Wilson Staff Advisory Board and aggressive marketing and communications activities, Wilson Golf is poised for even broader expansion in 2011.”
Over the past ten years, Wilson Golf has reinvested in its research and development program in order to help golfers “own the fairway.” Wilson Golf’s 2011 line includes:
- Di11 irons – Expanding on the success of the Di family of irons, the award-winning Di11 irons feature and exoskeleton that pulls weight low and back in the club and toe-friendly design. With Di11, once you hit it, you get it.
- FG Tour irons – Catering to the demands of low-scoring TOUR professionals, the new FG Tour irons were designed with input and guidance from the Wilson Staff Advisory Board members Padraig Harrington, Ricky Barnes and Kevin Streelman.
- FG Tour wedges – Based on the success of the FG Tour irons, Wilson Golf has created a high-performance wedge for low-handicap players.
- DXi Driver and Fairway Woods – The DXi driver is a lightweight driver that gives players unlimited durability to go along with a larger five-zone impact area – the widest sweet spot that Wilson has ever created.
- Vizor putter – The mallet-style putter with soft urethane face insert gives optimal feel on the green. This putter offers a visual plane differential alignment that ensures that players’ eyes are ideally positioned vertically over the ball and the line of the putt.
Staff Advisory Board
Wilson Golf continues to expand its Wilson Staff Advisory Board presence on TOUR, having recently re-signed up-and-coming star Ricky Barnes and adding native Chicagoan, Kevin Streelman. Three-time Major winner Padraig Harrington continues with Wilson Staff as well.
At the PGA Merchandise Show today, Wilson Golf announced that it has signed three-time PGA Professional Player of the Year (2005, 2009, 2010), Mike Small, to its Wilson Staff Advisory Board. Small will play Wilson Staff FG62 irons and FG Tour wedges, carry the distinctive red and white Wilson Staff bag and wear a Wilson Staff hat. Small’s professional preferences and discerning eye was involved in the development and creation of the FG62 irons. Small also won his record 9th Illinois PGA title in 2010.
In addition to his accomplishments on the golf course as a player, Small has been the head men’s golf coach at the University of Illinois since 2000. He was named Big Ten Coach of the Year for the 2001-02 season and again for the 2008-09 season. His team is currently ranked No. 6 in the nation in the Golfweek national rankings.
With a robust line of new equipment, Wilson Golf also unveiled today highlights of its 2011 marketing campaign, which includes two 30-second television spots featuring Wilson Staff Advisory Board member Ricky Barnes. The spots will get heavy rotation through an extensive media buy on The Golf Channel. Wilson’s partnership with The Golf Channel also includes presenting sponsorship of The Golf Channel’s coverage of The European Tour.
“Ricky Barnes has just the right personality and image on and off the golf course to star in our new commercials,” said Tom Gruger, vice president of global marketing, Wilson Sporting Goods. “We look forward to the debut of our Di11 broadcast campaign.”
About Wilson Golf
For nearly a century, Wilson Golf has designed, manufactured and distributed premium and recreational golf equipment throughout the world. Since 1914, Wilson Staff irons have won 61 Major championships, more than any other iron manufacturer in history. Wilson Staff’s D-FY combo set, FG Tour irons, Conform glove and the distance D:25 golf ball were honored with Golf Digest’s Hot List awards in 2010. Wilson Staff, Profile, ProStaff and Hope consumer brands continue that tradition today by delivering the highest quality golf equipment to all golfers to enhance performance on the course and overall enjoyment of the game.
Wilson Golf is a division of Chicago-based Wilson Sporting Goods, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sporting equipment by Amer Sports. Visit www.wilsonstaff.com or call 773.714.6400 for more information.
Contacts: B.R. Koehnemann Simon Landon KemperLesnik KemperLesnik 847/291-6740 office 847/480-4842 office 773/358-0833 cell 312/320-0756 cell email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Wilson Golf