LitePoint Creates Cost-Effective Cellular Test Solution Capable of Addressing LTE and Future Standards
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — LitePoint Corporation, a leader in wireless test solutions, today announced that their LitePoint IQxstream cellular test system is far exceeding the performance standards set when the product was launched last year. “It’s one thing to model performance expectations on paper, but now that the product has been on the market, we are seeing dramatically increased test throughput for multi-device testing; even greater than we were expecting at launch,” said Niels Vinggaard, senior vice president of engineering at LitePoint. IQxstream is a scalable, flexible test solution for multi-technology mobile products that is capable of testing even beyond today’s most advanced cellular standards including LTE and LTE-Advanced. IQxstream can test up to four devices simultaneously. This unique combination of capabilities improves the throughput and lowers costs for manufacturers, while giving R&D teams the freedom to develop new technologies based on future standards. LitePoint will showcase IQxstream at Mobile World Congress 2011, in Barcelona, Spain, February 14-17, booth #2E14.
Vinggaard added, “The explosion of smartphones and tablets in today’s marketplace has put wireless product manufacturers in a difficult position. They’re tasked with delivering an outstanding out-of-the-box consumer experience while at the same time decreasing the test costs associated with delivering on that experience. With IQxstream, manufacturers can easily do both. Our innovative parallel processing architecture enables manufacturers to test four devices in the time it takes other test systems to validate just two devices. In addition, our support of next generation cellular standards means no compromise on design innovation or future development. We look forward to demonstrating IQxstream in Barcelona and invite all Mobile World Congress attendees to drop by our booth to see this amazing performance for themselves.”
LitePoint IQxstream key benefits include:
- Test time and cost reduction: tests four devices in less time than two devices using unique parallel processing architecture–all while still using traditional methods.
- Supports the latest and future technologies: IQxstream tests all of the current cellular standards including LTE and is capable of testing LTE- Advanced. With the ability to update the system via software updates, IQxstream will be able to grow with the needs of customers as they develop new innovations based on new standards not even available today.
- Total test solution for smartphones and tablets: With the addition of a LitePoint IQ2010 Connectivity Test System, the IQxstream Advanced Cellular RF Test System becomes a total cellular/connectivity, multi-device test station for the most complex smart phones and tablets on the market today.
LitePoint at Mobile World Congress 2011–Barcelona, Spain
February 14-17, 2011 – Booth #2E14
LitePoint Test Solution demonstrations include:
- LTE-Advanced using the new LitePoint IQxstream cellular testing solution
- WiMAX testing using the LitePoint IQ2010 solution
- Parallel testing of four WCDMA data cards on LitePoint IQxstream
LitePoint IQxstream is available now. Please contact LitePoint direct for purchase and pricing information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About LitePoint Corporation
LitePoint Corporation is based in Sunnyvale, California. The company designs, develops, and supports advanced wireless test solutions for developers of wireless devices and consumer electronics, contract manufacturers, and wireless integrated circuit designers. LitePoint solutions have optimized and verified the operation of more than one billion wireless devices worldwide. LitePoint products are used in development environments and high-volume manufacturing and provide its customers with superior ROI, faster time-to-market, improved manufacturing yields, higher product quality, and increased profitability. For more, go to www.litepoint.com.
Contact: Brad Poston, VP Marketing LitePoint Corporation 1-408-456-5000 email@example.com
SOURCE LitePoint Corporation