Spectrum Wine Auctions to Hold Its Largest Sale to Date March 12-13 at The Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers
IRVINE, Calif., Feb. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Spectrum Wine Auctions, one of the new leading players in fine and rare wine auctions, will hold its largest live auction to date on March 12 and March 13, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. HKT (March 11 and March 12, 2011, 6:00 p.m. PST) at The Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, located at 20 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong. The massive two-day Spring 2011 Live Auction will feature more than 1,700 lots of some of the world’s most sought after collectible wines, including the second installment of The Doctor’s Pristine OWC Collection and consignments purchased directly from the cellars of Chateau Mouton Rothschild, Chateau d’Yquem and Compania Vinicola del Norte de Espana. The sale will offer a staggering 1,200 lots of Bordeaux including a 34-year vertical of Chateau Mouton Rothschild, cases of 1982 Chateau Lafite Rothschild and rare Chateau Latour vintages from the 1930s. Close to 14,000 bottles will be offered with a pre-sale estimate of nearly $5 million. Richard Brierley, current Head of Fine Wine at Vanquish Ltd., and previous Head of North American Wine Sales at Christie’s, will preside as auctioneer.
“The incredible selection and scope of wines featured in the March sale are indicative of strong upward momentum the fine wine market is experiencing,” says Spectrum Wine Auctions President Jason Boland. “With consignments purchased directly from several top producers and the second installment from The Doctor’s Pristine OWC Collection, the auction will offer collectors a truly astonishing opportunity to procure top wines with the finest possible provenance.”
Bidders who are not available to attend the Hong Kong auction in person may still participate by using Spectrum Wine Auctions’ fully-integrated real-time bidding software system online. In addition to secure transactions, the software allows for live streaming audio and video of the auction floor, bringing the auction experience in-house for online bidders around the world. Bids are also accepted via mail and fax before the sale, and arrangements may be made for live phone bidding.
- Multiple cases Chateau Lafite Rothschild including sought after vintages including 1982, 1986, 2000 and 2005
- 6-bottle cases 2000 and 2005 Chateau Petrus in OWC
- 12-bottle cases 1979 and 1996 Chateau Petrus in OWC
- 3-magnum case 2005 Chateau Petrus in OWC
- Four 12-bottle cases Chateau Latour from rare vintages such as 1931, 1933, 1936, 1937
- Two 12-bottle cases 2000 Chateau Margaux in OWC
- 34-year Chateau Mouton Rothschild vertical 1965-2004
- 11 lots purchased directly from Chateau Mouton Rothschild vintage 1986 (formats: 750ml, 1.5L, 3L, 5L)
- 12-bottle case 2000 Chateau Mouton Rothschild in OWC
- 6 bottles 1961 Chateau La Mission Haut-Brion
- 10 lots purchased directly from Chateau d’Yquem vintages 1995-1996 in OWC
- Four 12-bottle cases 1975 Chateau d’Yquem in OWC (formats 375ml and 750ml)
- Jeroboam of 2007 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux, in OWC
- 17 lots of Compania Vinicola del Norte de Espana (ex-Haro) from vintages 1939-1970 direct from the winery’s cellar
- 1 magnum 1997 Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon in OWC
In addition to the March sale, Spectrum Wine also holds internet-only auctions of rare and collectible wines every other week 365 year round.
For more information on Spectrum Wine Auctions or to request a catalog, please call at 949.748.4845 or visit www.spectrumwine.com.
SOURCE Spectrum Wine Auctions