Cablevision Announces the Ultimate Triple Play
BETHPAGE, N.Y., May 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ – Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC) today announced the launch of the Ultimate Triple Play, an enhanced version of the most successful marketing offer in cable history, the Optimum Triple Play. For new customers, the Ultimate Triple Play delivers faster Internet speeds, the additional convenience of an Advanced Wireless Router and Optimum Link, which allows customers to display PC images and sounds on their televisions instantly, without any additional equipment. The new marketing offer integrates the benefits of iO TVÃ‚®, Optimum OnlineÃ‚® and Optimum VoiceÃ‚® with advanced technology, creating a truly connected home.
The Ultimate Triple Play consists of:
- More than 275 channels of iO TV digital cable, including free HD, access to video on demand, including thousands of free titles, local programming from News 12 and MSG Varsity and other benefits.
- Optimum Online Boost Plus high-speed Internet service, delivering downstream speeds of up to 50 megabits-per-second (Mbps) and up to 8 Mbps upstream, and including free access to Optimum WiFi’s tens of thousands of wireless Internet access points across Cablevision’s service area.
- An Advanced Wireless Router (802.11n), delivering the highest standard of in-home WiFi speed and security, and a perfect complement to the recently launched Optimum App for iPad.
- Optimum Link, which allows customers to use Cablevision’s network to display PC content on home televisions with a click of the mouse, and without any additional equipment, included at no additional charge.
- Optimum Voice, with 18 popular calling features at no additional charge, including 411 directory assistance and unlimited calling across the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
“We introduced the Optimum Triple Play in 2004, and it has been an enormously successful offer for Cablevision and one that has been emulated across the industry to establish three-product relationships with customers,” said Jonathan Hargis, Cablevision’s executive vice president of marketing. “The Ultimate Triple Play takes our compelling value proposition, across all three services, and ties it together with faster Internet speeds, Optimum Link and an advanced wireless router that is a perfect complement to our new Optimum App for iPad. We believe this will be an extremely popular offer with new customers looking for the advantages of our core services combined with our latest technological innovations.”
The Ultimate Triple Play is available to new customers at the price of $99.80 per month for the first year. Cablevision will promote the Ultimate Triple Play through an aggressive mix of advertising, including television, print, online and direct marketing tactics.
Optimum Online Boost Plus, a new level of high-speed Internet service, is available to any existing Optimum Online customer for an additional $14.95 on top of the price of basic Optimum Online service, and includes Optimum Link at no additional charge. Optimum Link allows digital cable customers to send information or images that appear on a PC or laptop screen, such as documents, music, pictures and video, to any TV in the home, without any additional equipment. A simple one-time software download to the PC enables the Optimum Link service to securely send the information on a home PC through Cablevision’s network facilities to a dedicated channel in real-time. The content is viewable on iO TV Channel 641. Optimum Link is available separately to iO TV digital cable customers for an additional fee of $4.95 per month.
Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC) is one of the nation’s leading media and entertainment companies. Its assets include cable television operations that provide industry-leading services to more than 3 million New York area households. A state-of-the-art cable system enables the company to offer a full suite of premier residential and business communications services that include its iO TVÃ‚® digital television, Optimum OnlineÃ‚® high-speed Internet, Optimum VoiceÃ‚® digital voice, Optimum WiFiÃ‚® wireless Internet, and its Optimum LightpathÃ‚® integrated business communications solutions. Cablevision also delivers advanced video, voice and Internet services to more than 300,000 households in Colorado, Montana, Wyoming and Utah. Through Rainbow Media Holdings LLC, Cablevision operates several successful programming and entertainment businesses, including AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC Entertainment. Cablevision serves the New York area with compelling local content through News 12 Networks, a local news leader; MSG Varsity, a suite of television and online services covering high school activities; and, Newsday Media Group, a business unit that includes Newsday, Long Island’s leading daily newspaper. The company also owns and operates Clearview Cinemas, which includes Manhattan’s famed Ziegfeld Theatre, a frequent and historic venue for film premieres and events.
SOURCE Cablevision Systems Corp.