California Strawberry Recipe e-Cookbook Now Available
Strawberry Cooking, Baking and Noshing Adventures Made Easy with “Strawberry Recipes for Everyday” in Print and e-Book Formats
Just in Time for Mother’s Day
Sales Benefit the California Strawberry Scholarship Program
WATSONVILLE, Calif., May 3, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — With the new fascination on the timeless art of home cooking and nutrition, the California Strawberry Commission today announced the availability of a new cookbook full of chef-created, mouth-watering strawberry recipes. Available in print and e-book formats, “Strawberry Recipes for Everyday” is filled with creative ways to serve one of the most popular fruits in the world.
“It’s evident that people everywhere are rediscovering the joy of cooking in their homes for family and friends,” said Carolyn O’Donnell, communications director at the California Strawberry Commission. “We’re delighted to offer people a variety of ways to access strawberry recipes, including a traditional-style cookbook, online on our website and social media sites, mobile apps, and for the first time, e-publications for devices such as the iPad, the Nook and more.”
With recipes ranging from Strawberry and Goat Cheese Pizza and Macadamia-Crusted Halibut with Grilled Strawberry and Mint Relish, to Strawberry Smoothies and Strawberry Shortcake Sliders, the cookbook delivers creative ways to serve the luscious superfruit. Readers will also get tips on storing strawberries, nutrition information and more.
Availability and Pricing
“Strawberry Recipes for Everyday” is available in digital and print formats in the following places:
- EPUB for Amazon Kindle at Amazon for $7.99 at http://amzn.to/gID2rs
- EPUB for Nook at Barnes & Noble for $7.99 – http://bit.ly/eDwBbC
- EPUB for Nook, iPad, Sony, Kobo and additional eReaders through the FastPencil Marketplace for $7.99 – http://bit.ly/eSE1Vs
- PDF available through the FastPencil Marketplace for $7.99 – http://bit.ly/eSE1Vs
- 92 page, 8×10 Paperback at FastPencil Marketplace for $16.99 – http://bit.ly/mRhcvp
- EPUB for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch at Apple’s iBookstore for $7.99 – Available soon!
Royalties from book sales go to the California Strawberry Scholarship Program that has already awarded students of California strawberry harvest workers more than $1 million for college education.
Book Giveaway through May:
- Starting today, the California Strawberry Commission is conducting the “Cookbook- a- Day-through-May-Giveaway” for its Facebook and Twitter communities. Contest details can be found by visiting: http://bit.ly/gP6KF9
Connect with California Strawberries
- Visit the California strawberries page on Facebook – www.facebook.com/castrawberries
- Follow us on Twitter – www.twitter.com/castrawberries
- More about California strawberries – www.californiastrawberries.com
About the California Strawberry Commission
The California Strawberry Commission is a state government agency representing an industry of 600 growers, shippers and processors of California strawberries. With a focus on food safety education, Commission strategies also include production and nutrition research, trade relations, public policy and marketing communications.
SOURCE California Strawberry Commission