MyWeather.com Launches As World’s Most Precise, Personalized Digital Weather Service: Weather Just Got Personal(TM)
MADISON, Wis., May 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Today, MyWeather is changing the way consumers receive and use weather information with the launch of MyWeather.com and the announcement of new, free apps for the iPhone and Android devices. An app for the iPad will also launch in the coming weeks. The most personal and precise suite of weather products for consumers anywhere on the globe, MyWeather is six times more precise in providing location-specific weather conditions than its competitors and offers users completely personalized weather reports tailored for their lives, locations, and interests, whether they’re online or on the go.
This means MyWeather users receive forecasts specific to their block, not merely their city, with data that lets them anticipate lightning strikes during a golf round; determine the best time on a cloudy day to walk the dog in the park; or decide whether or not to pack an umbrella for a sporting event.
“MyWeather is a weather application for the Facebook generation,” said Chris Kelly, President, MyWeather. “We set out to provide users with a degree of customization and portability that they demand in an increasingly mobile world. MyWeather does that better than anyone else, offering a platform that is as intuitive as it is expert.”
“With the launch of MyWeather, Weather Central is thrilled to bring its industry-leading weather data and graphics directly to consumers worldwide, and with a new level of personalization that’s never before been available,” said Terry Kelly, Founder and CEO of Weather Central, LP. “We’ve been a trusted weather information provider for more than 35 years, and we’re confident that consumers will find our products as reliable, useful, and accurate as our enterprise clients do.”
From Weather Central, the world’s leading provider of interactive weather graphics and data services for television, the Web, and mobile devices, comes a powerful website – MyWeather.com – and free apps for the iPhone and Android devices. With MyWeather, the weather information you need most in your everyday life comes right to you; there’s no need to go and search for it. Each visitor to MyWeather.com has the opportunity to custom-design the site to deliver exactly the information they want to see using drag-and-drop widgets to display radar maps, “Futurecasts,” Twitter feeds, severe weather alerts, and more. That same information is neatly packaged into a suite of mobile apps, and each user’s unique profile migrates seamlessly across the devices they use throughout the day.
MyWeather also sets new standards for precision in weather information. As an innovator since 1974, Weather Central prides itself on a truly scientific approach to weather. As a result, MyWeather delivers location-specific weather information at a roughly half-mile radius, which is six times more precise than competitors including The Weather Channel’s Weather.com, Weather Underground, and others.
- Personal: MyWeather delivers customized weather reports online and on leading mobile devices, via apps for iPhone and Android, as well as iPad.
- Portable: Users customize MyWeather only once, and then receive weather updates they want wherever they want them, whether online or on their mobile devices. Alerts are also available and configurable, warning users when severe weather is likely to affect one of their selected locations.
- Precise: MyWeather was created by Weather Central, the industry-leading provider for decades of precise and accurate weather information. The high-resolution images and hyper-precise forecasts are available only from MyWeather.
Early reports from beta users of MyWeather have garnered rave reviews:
- “I love this app. It’s timely, accurate, and beautiful. It gives me the info I need as I travel or make my daily plans. It is very quickly replacing any and all other weather apps.”
- “MyWeather lets me view an extended forecast, and keep my location the same all the time, while being able to check the weather in different parts of the country or world.”
- “MyWeather is a great product and brings together tools that are better than the competition.”
In a world where weather events and climate changes are making headlines almost daily, the need for accurate, personalized weather information is greater than ever, and MyWeather delivers.
About MyWeather & Weather Central, LP:
MyWeather was created by Weather Central, LP (WXC.com), to provide consumers with personalized, precise, portable weather data and graphics online and on mobile devices. Weather Central, founded in 1974 by broadcasters and meteorologists based in Madison, Wisconsin, is the leading provider of professional on-air, online, print, mobile, and enterprise weather solutions and forecasting in North America and to major customers worldwide. Utilizing the company’s dynamic weather graphics, precise forecast models and data, and patented technology, more than 1000 partners and hundreds of millions of consumers worldwide benefit from Weather Central’s attention to weather presentation, detail and insight. For more information please visit MyWeather.com, like facebook.com/myweather, watch youtube.com/myweather and follow @myweather.