Encoding.com Deploys New Site and Expands Developer Program
SAN FRANCISCO, May 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ – Encoding.com, the world’s largest video encoding service provider, today announced the launch of its new award-winning website, including a significant expansion of its Developer Program. Developers now have access to a FREE, unlimited monthly encoding plan that includes 1GB of video processing, greatly improved API documentation, and a refreshed and revamped Knowledge Base, including solutions to the most common errors and tips to generate the highest quality output. The combined new features, along with the existing tools, provide the most robust set of services for developers in the video encoding sector.
Encoding.com’s new always-free plan provides 1GB of encoding bandwidth each month, every month, forever. No credit card is required. The free plan gives developers an ongoing, no-cost test environment to build video applications using the Encoding.com API. Developers simply sign up at the Sign up page.
Encoding.com’s refreshed website not only includes better organized API documentation, but also provides the XML code for the most common workflow tasks so developers can seamlessly integrate cloud-based transcoding services directly into their applications. In addition to the much-improved Knowledge Base, which now includes best practices from Encoding.com’s experts, Encoding.com now employs dedicated technical support resources specific to helping developers create the most efficient code.
Clive, the name for the Encoding.com platform, has recently deployed a substantial set of new features for developers including:
- Instant Encoding(TM) - immediately begin transcoding source videos as they download to accelerate the entire video workflow by 50 to 100%
- Quick Try function - enhanced controls to test encoding profiles and bitrates prior to signing up as a customer
- Faster Turbo Encoding - upgrades Encoding.com’s infrastructure to super high-end 64-bit, 8-core machines with over 17GB of memory
- Faster iOS Adaptive Bitrate processing - Encoding.com’s most popular mobile preset is now 100% faster with segments processing in parallel
- Apple ProPres HQ422 decoding
- iPhone App - manage encoding queues from an iPhone
- Custom Encoding Profiles - create and save custom output profiles for use via API or Watch Folders
“Video application developers are the key drivers in the video ecosystem and it has always been a priority for us to provide the best tools possible to empower and support their innovations,” said Jeff Malkin, president of Encoding.com. “We’re excited to launch our upgraded Developer Program which not only allows developers to tinker under the hood before committing to the Encoding.com platform, but also provides a full spectrum of resources to help developers create powerful and efficient applications.”
Encoding.com, the world’s largest video encoding service, powers over 1,700 companies, including leading brands across media and entertainment, eLearning, retail, telecommunications, lifestyle and advertising. Encoding.com was recognized in April as a Gartner “Cool Vendor” 2011. For ongoing Company updates, please see http://blog.encoding.com or follow @encodingdotcom on Twitter.