Leo Burnett/ARC Worldwide Earn an Impressive Ten Effie Awards
CHICAGO, June 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Leo Burnett/Arc Worldwide dominated the 2011 North American Effie Awards taking home ten gold and silver medals. The event – held last night in New York City – recognizes any and all forms of marketing communication that contribute to a brand’s success and effectiveness.
Leo Burnett North America was awarded in five different categories for a diverse client list including Allstate, Delta Faucet, James Ready Brewing, Norton by Symantec and ComEd. The agency’s work for Allstate won a Gold Effie for Sustained Success for its “Our Stand” campaign, a category recognizing campaigns that have exceeded business objectives for more than five years.
“We take great pride in winning ten Effie awards this year,” said Rich Stoddart, President of Leo Burnett North America. “We believe creativity has the power to transform human behavior resulting in effective campaigns and real business results for our clients. The Effie Awards recognize and celebrate the greatness that happens when creativity intersects with business impact.”
Arc Worldwide, the marketing services arm of Leo Burnett, was recognized with an impressive six Silver Effies for work for Walgreens, MillerCoors and Norton by Symantec. With three Effie nods for its Walgreens’ “Arm Yourself for the Ones You Love” campaign, Walgreens was one of the most awarded brands of the night.
“The Effie Awards celebrates the most effective work in the industry, and we are honored to have been recognized with these prestigious awards,” said William Rosen, President and Chief Creative Officer of Arc Worldwide. “We share this achievement with our clients and with great pride that our cross-channel approach to building business and brands has been recognized as best in class.”
See below for a complete list of awards won.
- Allstate/Leo Burnett, “Our Stand” – Sustained Success
- Walgreens/Arc Worldwide, “Arm Yourself for the Ones You Love” – Healthcare Products & Services
- Walgreens/Arc Worldwide, “Arm Yourself for the Ones You Love” – Retail
- Walgreens/Arc Worldwide, “Arm Yourself for the Ones You Love” – Shopper Marketing – Retail
- Miller High Life/Arc Worldwide, “Give a Veteran a Piece of the High Life” – Beverages – Alcohol
- Miller High Life/Arc Worldwide, “Give a Veteran a Piece of the High Life” – Goodworks – Brands
- Delta Faucet/Leo Burnett, “Hands” – Agricultural/Industrial/Building
- Norton from Symantec/Leo Burnett & Arc Worldwide, “Waging a Real War Against a Virtual Villain” – Computer Software
- James Ready Brewing Company/Leo Burnett, “James Ready Bar-ter Night” – Small Budgets – Products
- ComEd/Leo Burnett, “ComEd Fine Art Fridges” – Small Budgets – Services
About Leo Burnett Company, Inc.
Leo Burnett Worldwide (www.leoburnett.com) is one of the world’s largest agency networks and the parent company of Leo Burnett and its marketing services arm, Arc Worldwide. Leo Burnett, a HumanKind communications company, has a simple and singular approach: put a brand’s purpose at the center of communications to truly connect with people. Leo Burnett, one of the most awarded creative communications companies in the world, creates “Acts, not just Ads,” for some of the world’s most valuable brands including The Coca-Cola Company, Kellogg’s, McDonald’s, Hallmark, P&G, Allstate and Nintendo.
SOURCE Leo Burnett Worldwide