BACARDIÂ® and Live Nation Entertainment Announce ‘Best Shared Live’ Multi-Platform Marketing Program
LOS ANGELES and CORAL GABLES, Fla., June 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — BACARDIÃ‚®, the world’s favorite and best-selling premium rum, and Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: LYV), the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, today announced an innovative, multi-platform marketing campaign kicking off this summer titled, “Best Shared Live”.
Taking the “BACARDI Together” campaign to new heights, the “Best Shared Live” program creates dynamic opportunities designed to bring people together to celebrate live music, friends and legendary BACARDI cocktails. “Best Shared Live” will leverage Live Nation Entertainment’s unparalleled marketing distribution platforms including digital, mobile and social media properties (Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com) to reach millions of fans as they plan their summer concert experiences.
“BACARDI is an iconic spirits brand with a unique history and heritage that has always championed a spirit for life,” said Toby Whitmoyer, vice president and category managing director, rums at Bacardi U.S.A., Inc. “Through the ‘Best Shared Live’ program, we will tap into Live Nation Entertainment’s multi-faceted digital marketing platforms surrounding live music to bring people together and strengthen brand awareness among our target audiences. We are excited to kick-off summer with this breadth of promotions for our consumers and music fans alike.”
Targeting twenty-something consumers who enjoy nightlife and music, the “Best Shared Live” summer music program encompasses a robust array of elements featuring both promotional assets and digital media, including:
- Live Nation Entertainment Concert Cash: BACARDI products will feature download codes for Live Nation Entertainment Concert Cash, redeemable on LiveNation.com’s BACARDI -branded landing page for tickets and artist merchandise.
- Best Shared Live Sweepstakes: Fans may also enter the Best Shared Live Sweepstakes, which supports the “Best Shared Live” platform and reinforces the BACARDI brand message of bringing people together, in this case, through live music. The grand prize winner will win four tickets to the Live Nation Entertainment concert of his/her choice anywhere in the US, plus airfare and hotel accommodations. The sweepstakes will be promoted across all Live Nation Entertainment media channels.
- Branded Concert Guide: Live Nation Entertainment will create a BACARDI branded summer concert guide, a custom content platform with unique videos highlighting some of the hottest artists on tour this summer.
- Custom Facebook Module on LiveNation.com and Ticketmaster.com: Live Nation Entertainment will position BACARDI as a brand that brings music fans “together” within the social media environment through a custom Facebook module on LiveNation.com and Ticketmaster.com. The integration will be a unique bilateral Facebook application allowing fans to let their friends know which concerts they are planning to attend.
- Mobile Web Platform: Live Nation Entertainment will also integrate BACARDI into its mobile advertising platform, providing the brand with an even deeper connection to fans whenever they seek music information.
“Concerts are a natural way to bring people together, and Live Nation Entertainment’s depth of touch points spanning social media, mobile and digital promotions, are a perfect way for BACARDI to bring consumers together in a relevant and engaging way,” said Russell Wallach, president of Live Nation Network. “The BACARDI ‘Best Shared Live’ program leverages our robust marketing platform to reach millions of fans as they celebrate summer with their favorite artists and form a richer connection with the BACARDI brand.”
About Live Nation Entertainment:
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment and e-commerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 20,000 shows annually for more than 2,000 artists globally. Front Line is the world’s top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
About BACARDI Rums:
In 1862 BACARDI revolutionized the spirits industry when founder Don Facundo BACARDI began producing his remarkable light-bodied, smooth rum – BACARDI, the world’s favorite premium rum brand. The unique taste of BACARDI Rum inspired cocktail pioneers to invent some of the world’s most famous drinks including the BACARDI Mojito, the BACARDI DaiquirI, the BACARDI Cuba Libre, the BACARDI Pina Colada and the BACARDI Presidente. BACARDI Rum has won more than 400 awards for quality and product profile. Today, BACARDI rum is produced in Puerto Rico, following the production legacy set forth by Don Facundo – crafted in a five step distillation process, aged in American white oak barrels, and filtered five times for unparalleled quality and smoothness.
About Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.:
Bacardi U.S.A., Inc. is the United States import and distribution arm of one of the world’s leading spirits and wine producers. The company boasts a portfolio of some of the most recognized and top-selling spirits brands in the United States including BACARDIÃ‚® rum, the world’s favorite and best-selling premium rum, as well as the world’s most awarded rum; GREY GOOSEÃ‚® vodka, the world-leader in super-premium vodka; DEWAR’SÃ‚® Blended Scotch Whisky, the number-one selling blended Scotch whisky in the United States; BOMBAY SAPPHIREÃ‚® gin, the top-valued and fastest-growing premium gin in the world; CAZADORESÃ‚® 100 percent blue agave tequila, the number-one premium tequila in Mexico and a top-selling premium tequila in the United States; MARTINIÃ‚® vermouth, the world-leader in vermouth; and other leading and emerging brands. For additional information, visit wwwbacardiusa.com.
Contacts: Erin Donahue (email@example.com or 212.966.9525) with DiGennaro Communications for Live Nation; Tori Katz (firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.246.3586) with Corbin-Hillman Communications for BACARDI and Joe Gerbino (email@example.com or 786.264.3586) for Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
ENJOY TOGETHER RESPONSIBLY.
Ã‚©2011 BACARDIÃ‚® AND THE BAT DEVICE ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF BACARDIÃ‚® & COMPANY LIMITED. BACARDIÃ‚® U.S.A., INC., CORAL GABLES, FL. RUM – 40% ALC. BY VOL