University of Houston set to Announce Summer Program to Benefit At-Risk Youth Mentoring Program to Invest in Middle School Boys’ Futures
ALEXANDRIA, Va., June 24, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — On Monday, a press conference to kick off this year’s program will include Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, senior representatives from the University of Houston, representatives from the Houston Independent School District and the North Forest Independent School District, local directors from Halliburton, and other partners. The 2011 Summer Youth Impact Program is being hosted by the University of Houston and serves to mentor at-risk youth by combining academic and life skills tutoring with football training. The press conference will be held on Monday June 27, at 12:30 p.m. at the University of Houston’s Athletics Alumni Center, O’Quinn Great Hall, 3100 Cullen Boulevard, Houston, Texas.
WHO WILL BE AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE:
- Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee
- Riki Ellison, Founder of The Youth Impact Program and 3 Time Super Bowl Champion
- Vince Young, NFL Player, NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year 2006 (Tentative)
- Dr. Michael Lawrence, Vice President of Student Affairs, University of Houston
- Mack B. Rhoades, IV, Director of Athletics, University of Houston
- Kevin Sumlin, Head Football Coach, University of Houston
- Matt Nicholson, Head Football Coach, Houston Youth Impact Program
- Teresa Wong, Director of Corporate Affairs, Halliburton
- Ingrid Robinson, Director of Local and State Government Affairs, Halliburton
- Other community leaders and our middle school students
WHAT IS THE EVENT: A Press Conference to Kick Off the New Houston Youth Impact Program at the University of Houston
WHEN: Monday, June 27, at 12:30 p.m.
WHERE: University of Houston Athletics Alumni Center, O’Quinn Great Hall, 3100 Cullen Boulevard, Houston, Texas
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE YOUTH IMPACT PROGRAM: Visit www.youthimpactprogram.org for background and history of YIP. The national YIP office is located in Alexandria and may be reached by calling 703 299-0061
NOTE TO EDITORS: Call Cassie Arner at 713 743-9404 at the University of Houston Athletic Office to confirm attendance. She can also set up interviews with any of the principals at the press conference.
CONTACT: Cassie Arner, +1-713-743-9404
SOURCE Youth Impact Program