July 8, 2011
BNA Books Announces the Publication of ‘Age Discrimination in Employment Law, 2011 Cumulative Supplement’
ARLINGTON, Va., July 8, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- BNA Books, a division of specialized news and information publisher BNA, announced today the publication of the 2011 Cumulative Supplement to Age Discrimination in Employment Law. This comprehensive treatise and its supplement are published by BNA Books, a division of BNA, in cooperation with the American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Labor and Employment Law.
Significant court decisions regarding age discrimination in employment have been handed down, and this treatise provides the most up-to-date information available for practitioners to expertly advise their clients.
Written from an unbiased perspective by experienced practitioners in employment discrimination law, Age Discrimination in Employment Law leads the dialogue in this volatile field, presenting detailed guidance on issues such as:
- Persons protected under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Persons against whom a charge can be filed
- Mandatory retirement
- Reductions in force
- Constructive discharge
- Special issues for unions and apprenticeship programs
- Disparate treatment
- Collective bargaining agreements and union obligations
- Litigation strategies, and more
The 2011 Cumulative Supplement to Age Discrimination in Employment Law includes:
- Coverage of the increase in lawsuits filed by workers protected under the ADEA spawned by the recent economic recession, and what attorneys representing individuals and employers need to be aware of as a result of these developments in order to spot issues, advise potential clients, and prepare for ADEA litigation
- An overview and analysis of recent decisions in the aftermath of the Supreme Court's 2009 ruling in Gross v. FBL Financial Services, which held that the plaintiff must prove age was the "but for" cause of the adverse employment action
- A detailed exploration of how trial courts across the country continue to apply the adverse impact analysis set forth by the Supreme Court, which derives from the theory that employment policies that appear neutral on their face may actually affect older workers groups more harshly than younger workers
- A timely update on significant legislative, regulatory, and case law developments
Whether counseling clients on avoiding potential risk areas for discrimination claims or defending against a claim, attorneys will find that this treatise provides winning strategies and detailed analysis of this litigious area of employment law and is the most comprehensive book on age discrimination available.
The authors of Age Discrimination in Employment Law are Barbara T. Lindemann, Of Counsel to Seyfarth Shaw, and David D. Kadue, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw. Jeremy J. Glenn, Partner, Meckler Bulger Tilson Marick & Pearson LLP, is the Editor-in-Chief of the 2011 Cumulative Supplement.
The 2011 Cumulative Supplement was written by members of the Federal Labor Standards Legislation Committee of the American Bar Association Section of Labor and Employment Law. Section publications provide a balanced forum for the views and professional development of practitioners in labor and employment law. For more information on Section participation, please call the Section at 312.988.5813 or visit http://www.abanet.org/labor/home.html.
BNA is a leading private publisher of news and information products for professionals in law and business. In addition to the 2011 Cumulative Supplement to Age Discrimination in Employment Law, BNA's Book Division publishes: The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act; International Labor and Employment Laws, Volumes I and II; The Fair Labor Standards Act; Employment Discrimination Law; How ADR Works; and other titles in employment law. For a free BNA Books catalog, call 1.800.960.1220, send an e-mail request to [email protected], or visit us online at bna.com/bnabooks.
The 2011 Cumulative Supplement to Age Discrimination in Employment Law may be purchased alone (424 pp. Softcover/Order #1925/$200.00 plus tax, shipping, and handling), or with the main volume (1,632 pp. Hardcover with 2011 Cumulative Supplement/Order #9925/$400.00 plus tax, shipping, and handling) from BNA Books, PO Box 7814, Edison, NJ 08818-7814. Telephone orders: 1.800.960.1220. Fax orders: 1.732.346.1624. A 10% discount is available on print copies of books when ordering from the website at bna.com/bnabooks. Please note that discounts cannot be combined.
SOURCE BNA Books