July 12, 2011
New Poll of Jewish American Voters Shows Great Concern Over the Future of Israel and Administration Relations With Israel
NEW YORK, July 12, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- While American Jewish voters, like the rest of the country, believe that economics is the most important issue facing the nation, they also believe that for the American Jewish community, the single most important issue for the Jewish community is Israel.
In a poll conducted by Democrat Pat Caddell and Republican John McLaughlin for the non-partisan organization Secure America Now http://www.secureamericanow.org/, American Jewish voters expressed admiration for many of President Obama's personal qualities (honesty, leadership, intelligence...) they also expressed deep concern about the state of Israel/US relations and policies being championed by the Obama Administration.
- 93% are concerned about Israel being threatened by Arab nations and Iran that want to destroy Israel.
- 81% are against Israel being forced to return to its pre-1967 borders.
- 81% agree with the Administration as they oppose the UN recognizing a Palestinian State.
- 76% are concerned about Islamic terrorism committed in the US by American-born Muslims.
- 73% believe Jerusalem should remain the united capital of Israel and only 8% support that the US should force Israel to give away parts of Jerusalem.
- 88% believe that a prerequisite for Palestinian Statehood is their recognition of Israel as a Jewish State.
- And by a 54-21 majority, they feel that the Arab Spring has made the world more dangerous for Israel.
That this divide may have political consequences can be seen in the answers to the following: Despite a job approval rating of 63% for President Obama, only two in five Jewish voters (43% ) say they would vote to re-elect President Obama. The plurality (48%) would consider someone else and 9% are undecided.
Mr. Caddell commented on the results: "These most loyal of Democrat voters are very concerned about the future of Israel and the tense relations between the Obama Administration and the State of Israel."
John McLaughlin added, "This poll adds to the growing evidence that right behind concerns about the economy are concerns about security, and among Jewish Americans voters growing concerns for the future of our ally Israel."
For more details on the poll visit: http://secureamericanow.org/
This poll of 600 likely Jewish voters has an accuracy of +/- 4.0% at a 95% confidence interval.
Secure American Now provides a non-partisan voice and platform to those who share our national security concerns. For too long and too much the threats to our security have been downplayed or even ignored in our political discourse. Secure America Now exists to make sure our security concerns are no longer ignored.
SOURCE Secure America Now