July 21, 2011
Euro RSCG Life and Euro RSCG Worldwide PR Select Top Young Leaders to Attend One Young World
NEW YORK, July 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Euro RSCG Life and Euro RSCG Worldwide PR will support the 2011 One Young World summit, an international conference of future global leaders, by sponsoring a group of 10 delegates.
Hailed as the "Young Davos," One Young World gives delegates age 16 to 25 a platform and forum ordinarily afforded only to political and business leaders, and it channels their views, vision and ideas to create resolutions for real change. The event, now in its second year, will be held in Zurich on Sept. 1-4 and will feature Sir Bob Geldof and Unilever CEO Paul Polman in advisory roles, among many others from the worlds of politics, business, media, sports, entertainment, philanthropy, environmental stewardship and more.Some of the world's biggest companies have pledged their support to One Young World this year, with such prominent corporations as American Express, Google, McDonald's, Nestle and Pepsi sponsoring delegates to the conference.
"One Young World gathers some of the most talented and forward-thinking leaders of the millennial generation," said Marian Salzman, CEO of Euro RSCG Worldwide PR, North America. "The delegates we have chosen have already accomplished a lot in their lives, and they're bringing those experiences and perspectives to the table with others from around the world who are as motivated and determined as they are. They all plan to go on to change the world - and we're confident in their ability to do that."
Here are the delegates who will represent ER Life and ERWW PR at the second-annual One Young World summit this fall:
1. Nicole Benedetto. An account executive at Euro RSCG Life Catapult, Benedetto has grown up giving to good causes, from helping mentally impaired youth to participating in home-rebuilding projects to spending a Semester at Sea, where she had the opportunity to visit and work with charities and poverty-stricken communities in Brazil, South Africa, India and Malaysia.
2. Kayla Burcin. Though still a high school student, Burcin is already a veteran volunteer. She currently contributes time to a hospital and has participated in several good will projects helping young people in need. She will be in Macedonia this summer, working with the Peace Corps in local orphanages.
3. Sergio Fermin. An associate art director at Euro RSCG Life 4D, Fermin takes great pride in introducing young minds to the fields of creative advertising, marketing and branding. He is a dedicated mentor to students in the Bronx and will soon guide budding artists in Newark, N.J., as well.
4. Jeremy Gallays. Currently an intern at Euro RSCG Worldwide in London, Gallays will begin work on his master's degree in the fall. He regularly donates his time to a soup kitchen in London and, while working part-time as a grocery-store cashier, put his salesmanship to good use by soliciting donations to help fight muscular dystrophy.
5. Mallory McLoughlin. McLoughlin is an intern for Euro RSCG Worldwide PR and a recent graduate of Duke University with a bachelor's degree in Asian and Middle Eastern studies. She has been an avid fundraiser for the national organization Court Appointed Special Advocates, as well as a dedicated supporter of the Bob Woodruff Foundation.
6. Andra Mocanu. An account planning coordinator at Euro RSCG, Mocanu came to the U.S. at the age of 1, when her mother declared political asylum from communist Romania. Empowering disenfranchised women is a cause close to her heart, as is healthcare access. She has used her marketing talents to make a difference.
7. Aya Okubo. A high school student in Japan, Okubo has seen up close the need for the global community to offer its hand to those in her country who lost family, friends, homes and more in the devastating earthquake and tsunami earlier this year. She fully believes in the power of art and design as a universal language that can transcend cultural differences.
8. Ali Pinter. As Euro RSCG Worldwide PR's director of talent and development, Pinter identifies promising young prospects. She recently served as director of human resources for Wyclef Jean's charitable organization Yele Haiti.
Euro RSCG Life is working with Global Health Corps, the organization co-founded by former first daughter Barbara Bush, to choose the remaining two delegates.
About One Young World
One Young World is the world's premier global youth leadership summit, aiming to bring together delegates age 25 and under from every one of the world's 192 countries. One Young World combines the social power of the Internet with the energy and ideas of global youth to address the most challenging issues of today. Founded by David Jones, global CEO of Havas and Euro RSCG Worldwide, and Kate Robertson, U.K. Group Chairman, Euro RSCG, One Young World focuses on plenary sessions at which delegates are guided by a group of international luminaries including Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Bob Geldof. The inaugural London summit took place in February 2010. The second-annual One Young World summit will be held in Zurich on Sept. 1-4, 2011, and will gather more than 1,600 under-25s from every country worldwide. For more information, please visit www.oneyoungworld.com.
About Euro RSCG Life
Euro RSCG Life is a global health communications network. With more than 60 offices in 50 countries, the Euro RSCG Life network has a uniquely unified model, offering strategy, promotion, medical education, market access, PR and digital solutions inside each agency asset. For more information: www.eurorscglife.com.
About Euro RSCG Worldwide PR
We call ourselves @erwwpr; we're the North American earned-media and buzz boutique (#bethenews) within French holding company Havas. Headquartered in New York City, with Pittsburgh and Chicago offices, we've seen 30 percent growth in the last two years and become one of the most-awarded PR agencies of our size for work including #wyclefforpresident (global scope), @theywinulose (Campaign Money Watch; against big money in elections), the first-ever teenage girl SoMe lab (The Sisterhood; industry innovation) and Ford's Warriors in Pink (#welovecause). We're grounded in media, strategy, client service and community to ensure we message in straight talk and real time. For more information: www.eurorscgpr.com.
Global Communications Manager
Euro RSCG Worldwide
T +1 212-886-2018
SOURCE Euro RSCG Worldwide PR