A Crazy Bicycle Trip Across the 7 World Wonders: All Roads Lead to Rome
ROME, August 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ –
Summer is here and at Venere.com [http://www.venere.com ], we’ve got our
minds thinking about holiday getaways. How about a trip to each of the New
Seven Wonders of the World? To make things even more interesting, how about
taking that trip by bicycle? We have everything already planned out,
including how much water you would need to drink and how many total calories
you would burn. We’ve also listed some facts about each world wonder on the
map and included some extra facts on the list below. So grab your bicycle
and get ready to ride!
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click:
Check out the Infograph: A Crazy Bicycle Trip Across the 7 World
Wonders: All Roads Lead to Rome! [http://www.venere.com/blog ]
Petra,Jordan [http://www.venere.com/jordan/petra ]
This ancient city was once home to the Nabataeans, an ancient nomadic
people. The most notable of the buildings are the Treasury and the Monastery
(pictured). All of Petra was built into a rock face, which is where it gets
its name (Petra means “rock” in Greek).
Taj Mahal,India [http://www.venere.com/india/agra ]
Built between 1631 and 1654, the Taj Mahal was dedicated to eternal
Great Wall,China [http://www.venere.com/china/beijing ]
About 70% of the wall is made of rammed earth and adobe; the other 30%
is made of brick.
Chichen Itza,Mexico [http://www.venere.com/mexico/cancun ]
The design of the Temple of Kukulkan, built in the year 1000, is one of
four cardinal points with 91 steps each, which makes up a total of 364 (for
365 days in the year).
Machu Picchu,Peru [http://www.venere.com/peru/cuzco ]
The city was made up of an urban section with a residential area, a
religious section, and an agricultural section with terraced farmland. About
750 people lived in the city and it is believed that the entire population
was wiped out by small pox.
Christ the Redeemer,Brazil
Set on a mountain overlooking the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, is a
1,133,980.925-kilogram statue of Jesus Christ holding His arms open to the
world. The statue was completely funded by donations from the people of the
local Catholic Church and was built to show the love of Christ for all.
Since its completion in 1931, the statue has become the symbol of Rio de
Colosseum,Rome [http://www.venere.com/italy/rome ]
According to one speculation, 100,000 prisoners were brought back to
Rome as slaves after the Jewish war and pressed into service building the
Colosseum. An estimated 9,600,000 stones were used in its construction.
Check out Venere’s selection of hotels in Bologna
[http://www.venere.com/italy/bologna ], hotels in Florence
[http://www.venere.com/italy/florence ], cheap hotels in Rome
[http://www.venere.com/italy/rome ], and hotels in Paris city centre!
Contacts: Micaela Zanarini – PR Manager Venere.com – mail to
email@example.com , +39-06-361-921