August 4, 2011
NCHERM Announces Campus Title IX Coordinator Certification Courses
MALVERN, Pa., Aug. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The NCHERM Campus Title IX Coordinator Certification and Training Course is being offered to 170 college and university administrators this week in St. Louis, MO. This event greatly surpassed the initial projection of participants and created a waiting list. To address continuing interest, NCHERM has scheduled a second Campus Title IX Coordinator Certification and Training Course and has broadened the attendance to include not just Title IX Coordinators, but also conduct administrators, HR staff, legal counsel, academic administrators, investigators, campus law enforcement, athletics administrators, k-12 school Title IX Coordinators and administrators and others concerned with Title IX compliance.
Registration is now open and seats are already filling quickly for our Philadelphia event, October 17th - 20th, 2011. Please visit http://www.ncherm.org for details and to register for a seat. Or, come to our January 2012 event on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, or Atlanta in April of 2012, which will open for registration soon. The faculty will shift slightly for each event, but will include the NCHERM partners, practitioner experts, leaders in issues of athletics equity, and anticipated representatives from the US Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights (OCR).
- A top-notch expert faculty with extensive writing, publication, research and practical application on Title IX
- Faculty representatives from the Office of Civil Rights
- Four full days of content (okay, that's a blessing and a curse, but you can come for less than all four days if you are willing to forego certification)
- A comprehensive set of 250 PowerPoint slides
- On-site case studies with group and faculty feedback
- Extensive exploration of the NCHERM Civil Rights Investigation Model
- 250 pages of materials, including exclusive access to the Model NCHERM Sexual Misconduct Policy, Civil Rights Investigation and Grievance Procedure
Attend this course in any of our locations around the country and you'll get comprehensive advice to enhance your competent compliance. And, if litigation should occur, you'll have the ability to demonstrate certification from NCHERM, the most trusted source of Title IX expertise.
This event is a comprehensive exploration of Title IX and the role of the Coordinator that will go beyond the DCL, share best practice ideas that OCR hasn't divulged, and explore areas where we need greater clarity. Simply put, you'll have Title IX coming out of your ears after four days with us. But, when you get back to campus, you'll have the tools you need to implement and operationalize Title IX compliance best practices, take training to your community, and bring meaningful prevention to your campus.
For more information, contact Samantha Dutill, NCHERM Client Relations Coordinator, at 610.993.0229, or email [email protected]
SOURCE The National Center for Higher Education Risk Management, Ltd.