Quantcast

H&M says accepts Moss regret over allegations

September 17, 2005

LONDON (Reuters) – Fashion retailer H&M said it would use
British supermodel Kate Moss in an upcoming advertising
campaign after hearing her explanation and regret following
accusations she took illegal drugs.

A spokeswoman for Hennes & Mauritz told Reuters on Saturday
company representatives had met with Moss following the
publication of pictures on Thursday in the Daily Mirror, which
the British tabloid said showed her snorting cocaine.

The model has not commented on the story since it was
published and her agent was not available for comment on
Saturday. Moss has previously denied taking hard drugs.

“We strongly disapprove of her actions,” H&M spokeswoman
Liv Asarnoj said. “We think that this is very unfortunate. We
have strict policies for engaging models.

“They should be healthy, wholesome and sound and we are
strongly against drug abuse — we have made this clear to Kate
Moss.

“After hearing her explanation and her regret we have
decided for the time being to continue the campaign.”

Moss’s waifish good looks have graced the covers of
countless magazines. She was discovered by a modeling agency as
a 14-year-old schoolgirl and went on to become one of the most
famous faces on the catwalk.

Moss signed up by H&M to front its high-profile autumn
collection designed by Stella McCartney.

She also has contracts with other major fashion and
cosmetic houses, which have all refused to comment on the story
so far.

British media have reported that Moss earns around 4
million pounds a year through commercial contracts.




comments powered by Disqus