Quantcast

Model Kate Moss apologizes after cocaine reports

September 22, 2005

LONDON (Reuters) – British supermodel Kate Moss broke her
silence on Thursday over newspaper allegations she had snorted
cocaine, apologizing to friends, family and business associates
for her behavior.

But her statement made no specific reference to reports
last week in the Mirror tabloid featuring grainy pictures that
apparently showed the 31-year-old taking large quantities of
cocaine.

“I take full responsibility for my actions,” she said in a
statement released by her modeling agency Storm.

“I also accept that there are various personal issues that
I need to address and have started taking the difficult, yet
necessary, steps to resolve them.

“I want to apologize to all of the people I have let down
because of my behavior which has reflected badly on my family,
friends, co-workers, business associates and others.”

The cocaine scandal has already prompted two fashion houses
– London-based Burberry and Swedish-based Hennes and Mauritz
– to sever ties with the most famous face in fashion, while
France’s Chanel said it would not renew her contract when it
expires next month.

On Thursday, the Rimmel cosmetic brand said its deal with
Moss was “under review” because of the allegations.

Moss, whose annual earnings from modeling are estimated to
be in excess of four million pounds, has yet to address the
specific allegations made against her in the Mirror report.

Neither her lawyer nor modeling agency could immediately be
reached to comment on the statement.




comments powered by Disqus