Entertainment News Archive - October 15, 2005
By Michele Kambas LARNACA, Cyprus (Reuters) - Even without the sequined jumpsuit over a matted chest gleaming with medallions, Mario Kombou turns heads. Just don't call him an Elvis impersonator. "It's a bit demeaning.
ROME (Reuters) - Oscar winner Roberto Benigni treated Italians watching Saturday's prime time news show to an impromptu strip tease to mark the release of his new film "The Tiger and the Snow" about the war in Iraq.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.